Archinect
anchor

HELP on Research Study

abc123

I'm thinking about writing my research study on 'User feedback'. I have a few questions since google keeps interpreting the term 'architecture' as system architecture in computer studies.

So really, is there anyway currently, for architects and urban planners to get user feedback on the city or a building? Would architects and urban planners want a tool that would allow them to see the city in terms of its character, social make up. Im thinking of using Francis Heylighen's characterisation of memes.

Are there any tools that aid in studying the urban morphology of an area or regioun? like computer aided analysis of an area, based on user feedback ?

Nov 17, 11 4:11 pm
citizen

User feedback on buildings and development proposals can come in different forms (interviews, surveys, questionnaires, cognitive mapping, public charettes, and more) collected in a variety of settings (one-on-one interviews, mail, email, websites, public hearings, public workshops, to name some).

One important variable is timing: pre-development, pre-construction feedback to influence ultimate design and construction?  Or post-occupancy evaluation for lessons-learned application to the literature, or to guide future planning?

Nov 17, 11 6:30 pm  · 
 · 

OK interesting, but I'm thinking about creating a tool for urban planners and architects (im a programmer) to be able to analyse a city or space's Memetic value .. (Francis Heylighen's characterisation of memes)

For example I want user's to send feedback on the space's character. A form of space syntax.

Is there a tool that provides a space syntax for the space's character?

Nov 18, 11 7:02 am  · 
 · 
dutch

Sirwan,

I have no interest in reducing conscious experience to an algorithm.

Nov 18, 11 11:55 am  · 
 · 

Fair enough.

Nov 19, 11 8:09 am  · 
 · 
dutch

That's not to say it might be a useful tool.

Nov 19, 11 12:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: