Archinect
anchor

Macromedia Flash Question

ichweiB

Hey guys,
I am somewhat new to flash-I have mastered the basics and can use the program easily;however, I am having a problem building a slide presentation.

When I apply dynamic characteristics to symbols such as aplha fades, movements, etc...all of the slides play at once instead of in order. I have definitely put them on different slides, but when I go to test the presentation, they all play simultaneously. What do I need to do to fix this? Also, if I want the slide to stop, should I add the action "stop ();" at the end of the last slide so it won't loop during the actual presentation?

Oct 31, 05 2:56 pm
momentum

can i ask why you aren't using power point? don't get me wrong, i enjoy working in flash, but this could be done way easier in power point.

Oct 31, 05 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush

I'd have to agree with momentum on this one... as much as I hate powerpoint, you're probably creating more work than necessary for yourself.

to answer your question, however, I think you'd probably be better served to ask a flash forum... You probably need to tell us more about how you are calling the slides, and how your movie clips are set up. I think the description is too vague now to try and diagnose the problem.

are all the images on different frames? do you have a button that says, "when you press this, go to the next frame,"? there are lots of ways to set this up.. you can probably find a premade flash slideshow on something like flashkit and tweak the interface and add your own images, to simplify your life.

Oct 31, 05 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

Yeah. I have been looking around on flashkit...all I meant was that when I have pictures, text, or whatever on different slides within one presentation, each screen plays at the same time. Like when the outline shows the presentation box along with 3 screens under it, the screens don't play one at a time, but all at once, I was wondering what I need to do to make the first slide play, then the second, and so on...I will go to flashkit...

Oct 31, 05 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

i'm having trouble visualizing this, but have you tried putting each slide in a different scene? i know that scenes don't play until you go to them.

Oct 31, 05 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
pinstripeprincess

if you post it up i could help, but i'm betting what pencrush said about having all your "slides" (movie clips right?) on the same frame is making them play at once. you may need to code in some stop()s and play()s into said items or just stretch out the symbols on the timeline.

using specific flash jargon would also be of assistance.

Oct 31, 05 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

why don't you use the slideshow element of flash pro. It is as easy as powerpoint and you have the ability to ad fade in fade out etc per slide...easy as pie. It sounds like you have added actions to a frame and not to a slide.

Oct 31, 05 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

yeah, that new feature is nice. Doesn't look incredibly professional, but neither does power point (in my opinion).

You could also snag a free slide show, either a component or a mc on Flashkit or elsewhere.

Not great, but free:
http://can_info_guide.tripod.com/components/slideshow/slideshow1/tutorial.html

Pretty cool, for free, but highly specific:
http://www.airtightinteractive.com/news/?p=31

Pretty good tutorial:
http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/photogallery.htm

I've got more, if you need 'em.

Oct 31, 05 6:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: