Archinect
anchor

A designer or a title holder!

paris

So do many people get to actually design cool stuff around here or does your job include making models,research, drawings and getting coffee?

Oct 29, 05 4:51 am
BOTS

Currently doing a sustainable strawbailbuilding in west Wales so plently of research into the lastest sustainable technologies etc.
Mostly CAD and sketchup with a bit of card modelling (we have a full time modeller in the office). No making hot drinks as I don't drink them.
My PA does all the photocopying letter writing etc. Perks of a large office, Oh yeah and a couple of interns to educate en-route.

Oct 29, 05 5:25 am  · 
 · 
bigness

bots, u have a pa who is not an intern? as in not a part I year out student? wow! that's the first time i've ever heard of one!

to answer the original question: i'm still in uni, but whenever i work in an office is for competitions, so yes, generally just research and design. not much model making, and obviously sometimes the stuff is less cool than you would like it to be, but hey!

Oct 29, 05 8:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: