Archinect
anchor

Plotter

joe

I am looking to buy an entry level plotter capable of high resolution printing to be used for competition/presentaion boards and the occasional autocad/line drawing print of at least A1 size. Everything in the plotter world leads to HP from what I have been reading, but do any of you have any recomendations as far as quality for price goes? I prefer to have a roll feed and cut system rather than a sheet feed system. thanks for the help.

Oct 28, 05 11:48 am
jaja

I have the Hp Designjet 100 that plots up to 24 x 36, so A1 wouldn't be any problem. I love it, becuase it is small enough to put on a desk and large enough to print A1 formats. I would advice you to get the updated version of the 100 which is the designjet 110plus with paperroll feedback system or if you want a higher resolution, go for the designjet 130. If you live in the US you would not have any problem buying paperrolls or loose papersheets for the desingjet. Here in Europe you can only buy A1 papersheets at special resellers that only sell to corporate businesses.

Oct 28, 05 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
joe

ok, thanks for the advice. I'm in the US so things shouldnt be too hard. Anyone else have any info?

Oct 29, 05 4:39 am  · 
 · 
drs

There are still DesignJet 120s available. As far as I know, they're the predecessor to the 130 but with a 'candy iMac'-era aesthetic. Should be able to pick those up boxed, and it might work out a better deal.

Oct 29, 05 11:47 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

You can find Designjet 100's on Ebay...I bought one about two months ago for $600 buckaroos, and I am very happy that I did.

Nov 1, 05 4:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: