Archinect
anchor

SCARPA ON OPRAH

arclem

Apparently Leonardo Dicaprio will be on Oprah today discussing environmental issues with Larry Scarpa of Pugh+Scarpa. Should be intersting. Maybe she can help bring sustainability to the masses like she did with Dr. Phil and the book club.

Oct 27, 05 10:55 am
Janosh

The... horror.

Oct 27, 05 11:44 am  · 
 · 

well at least they have someone with credibility and experience !

Oct 27, 05 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
AP

ya, and Scarpa too ;-)

Oct 27, 05 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
AP

j/k...obviously...I reall like the work and process of Pugh Scarpa. Dr.Phil on the other hand...

Oct 27, 05 3:11 pm  · 
 · 

Isnt it about Oprah time in the East coast?
Any sightings ofr architectus sustainablus on the boob toob?

Oct 27, 05 3:18 pm  · 
 · 

i just checked oprah's website (i can't believe that i just said that)...

there was no mention of scarpa being on today's show...

but leonardo dicaprio is supposed to be on to "discuss a big problem facing our country"...

so i guess he's going to be talking about celebrities that think they can be architects!!

Oct 27, 05 3:30 pm  · 
 · 

that is a big problem . but isnt leo a LEED supporter !

Oct 27, 05 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
TED

god damn. first the sox. now scapa on oprah... all since i left my beloved home town. what bad luck! oh well.....will have to get the dvd year in review or perhaps go to her chat web site and have a word....wait. what the hell. i didnt even own a tv in chicago. whose oprah?

Oct 27, 05 5:35 pm  · 
 · 

Ok I need proof !!!

Has anyone seen it? I aint got no TV, nor do I have time to watch.

But Im really interested, William McDonough had a recent appearance with Cameron Diaz.

http://gutter.curbed.com/archives/categories/simply_sublime.php

WTF is happening?!?!?!

Oct 27, 05 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

how much enviromental damage / resource waste does the filming of movies such as Titanic and the Aviator cause???

Oct 27, 05 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

there wasn't anything about Scarpa on it. Oprah is ridiculous....

But it's nice to see someone in that position (DiCaprio) to put the time and money into the environment. I wish there had been more details about architecture (they showed on mansion, kinda modern/contemporary, that was all environmentally made), solar, etc., but I am guessing they realized the majority of Oprah's fans can't afford much more than a track home.

It's cool that he drives his hybrid (a Prius, I belive) everyday. Oprah admitted to driving one of the showcased 'worst' SUVs. I knew they were bad, but didn't realize it was 12-13 miles per gallon! That's worse than a 12 cylinder Ferrari for God's sake!!

Oct 27, 05 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
arclem

I know. I raced home to the DVR to find that the segment had been deleted. They toured the "eco" mansion and that was it. You can tell there was going to be more but it bit the dust. It was more important to hear from Larry David's "green" wife. Sorry for getting everyones hopes up.

Oct 27, 05 8:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: