Archinect
anchor

clients really have to...

strlt_typ

...stop making impulsive changes on the building's design during construction...because what might seem like an insignificant change can affect many things around it...which their brains could not anticipate...

Oct 25, 05 7:46 pm
e

they are still the client and they deserve what they want. it is your job to educate the client as to the implications of their decisions for good or bad.

Oct 25, 05 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

...pay me within 30 days of receiving my invoice.

Oct 25, 05 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

PEOPLE really have to... stop asking me if I think their house is "neat". I suck at lying.

Oct 25, 05 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
digger

... receive the service they pay to receive.

Oct 26, 05 9:15 am  · 
 · 
fordified

... listen to digger

Oct 26, 05 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
Colm

The only way to make clients quit redesigning is to go PER DIEM rates at an escalating ratio. Stop the FIXED FEE madness.

Oct 26, 05 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
salmon

... understand that my fee is not negotiable, nor is to be interpreted as a penalty on their construction project. If you think you can afford a 10M project you had better expect to pay your consultants for the time and effort that goes into bringing that work to reality.

Oct 26, 05 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

....keep showing up? Isn't asking clients to stop making design changes like an ambulance driver asking people to stop getting hurt? Designing for clients is what we do and like it or not, as the one being hired, it is up to the architect to communicate effectively to the client's level of comprehension, not the other way around.

Oct 26, 05 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

- stop requiring that I suppress my opinion until after the project gets built and then asking me for it when it is too late. What an I supposed to say? Good job, butthole!

Oct 26, 05 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
o+

...be better educated by the architect. neutra's first clients all wanted spanish style houses when they walked into his office, by the time they left they were educated enough to let neutra do it the right way.

Oct 26, 05 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

glad you arent my dentist lb. just got a sixty day letter.

Oct 26, 05 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
knock

"...answer my phone call. come on, i know you're there just looking at the caller id"

i've always found that to be much more true architectural consultants .... i still don't understand it.

Oct 27, 05 12:09 am  · 
 · 
archaalto

"...shut the hell up since they are a non-profit organization, receiving 10 million dollars in donor money AND a 2 million dollar contingency from the city, who should be grateful for what they are getting & stop tryting to get us sued by the developer who intends to screw us anyway, & then can't decide whether they want escalators or not, & go behind our back with an outside consultant without telling us because they don't know how to conduct themselves in a professional setting......"

*Whew*

Apologies to all....

Oct 27, 05 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

don't be sorry...if we don't vent here or any place else we'll be in jail for assault...

Oct 27, 05 12:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: