Archinect
anchor

Cold

Hasselhoff

Damn it's cold in studio. I'm using my desk lamp to keep me warm as though I were fries.

Oct 25, 05 1:06 pm
Louisville Architect

fries. yummy.

Oct 25, 05 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
salmon

better start burning your models to keep warm

Oct 25, 05 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
rayray

furnace broke two days ago - burning wood in fireplace, smells/feels good but
cold and damp....thinking of fingerless gloves for the hands.

Oct 25, 05 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Layers. Fleece. A scarf indoors. Wool socks. Then holding your hands up to the desk lamp every few minutes, or in front of the computer exhaust, to warm them up. Yep, sounds like the bulk of my studio/home office experiences.

Hasselhoff, are you in the Furness Library studio? Amazing space, but I bet it is cold up there - when it's not brutally hot, that is!

Oct 25, 05 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

No, good old 2 west. When it's actually sunny I get a laser beam of sun light right in my eyes at around 5 pm.

Oct 25, 05 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
ether

ahh laser beams. i've been playing with one all afternoon.

Oct 25, 05 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Brrrr... It's freakin' 65 degrees here. Chilly.

Seriously though. I kid. I miss winter weather.

Oct 25, 05 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

SPACE HEATERS KIDS!

Oct 25, 05 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
Schnurrbart

What is it with cold studios? It's 45 degrees outside and some idiot still insists on keeping the air conditioning on - and at a rate of about three air changes per minute I'm sure. Bonfire of the models, soon, if they're not careful.

Oct 26, 05 12:01 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

we had pigeons in our studio, the cold wasn't the worst of our worries although it was there, it was the poo dropping from the rafters you had to worry about! Ha ha, great memories.

Oct 26, 05 12:03 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

We had a squirrel in here the other day. He was peeling out all over the place. It was awesome!

Oct 26, 05 3:15 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

well its getting on for summer here so.. um... neener neener

Oct 26, 05 4:52 am  · 
 · 
c

is getting decidedly cold here, in addition to the wet that it has been for some time. Am living up in harlem, chilling @ a friends' apt the other night when the radiator( easily 15+yrs old) starts leaking steam all over the blace, ,the windows are all fogged up, people are appearing and dissapearing out of these clouds, the more we drank the more absurd the whole situation became, our faces drippining with sweat and condensation, a sauna harlem-style. radiant heat in a polished concrete floor might be sleek, but this was fun as hell.

Oct 26, 05 6:04 am  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

i've found that i can't work with gloves on, not even the kind with the fingertips cut out. so, for working in winter, i get sweaters and sweatshirts that are too big for me - mainly with the sleeves too long. the cuffs drape halfway down my hand and keep my hands from getting too cold while leaving my fingers free. i'm wearing one right now.

but my toes are cold.

Oct 26, 05 11:47 am  · 
 · 
fordified

ahh, Meyerson. 10 foot X 10 foot single pane glass separating you from the snow.....

Oct 26, 05 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
Oct 26, 05 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
nathaniel

I went to rural Russia for a New Years party two years ago. The only warmth came from vodka and a lead pipe that protruded from a church wall in a closet, we all took turns taking off our shoes and warming our freezing wet feet on it... vodka doesn't warm the extremities. We had to get fake Russian passports to get out of Moscow, they try to hide the real Russian experiance from tourists.

I've got a 3.4ghz laptop, even on battery its vents pour out heat like a furnace, and the keyboard is always tosty warm!

Oct 26, 05 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
Archichet

i love san diego.

Oct 26, 05 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I'm still cracking up on the "as though I were fries" comment.

Something about traveling as often as I am right now for work.....it's weird but unless there's a torrential downpour or problems with the flight, I tend not to notice it. Until I'm stuck in a snowstorm with no long sleeves. That's a bit of a problem.

Oct 26, 05 11:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: