Archinect
anchor

Ok is beer-thirty and the office is drininking....

Elimelech

.... do you take beer or wine?

Beer-Blue Moon

Oct 21, 05 6:58 pm
garpike

Blue Moon with an orange slice!

Oct 21, 05 7:01 pm  · 
 · 

Guiness or any dark bitter-almost a meal-type beer

although I do swing both wayswhen it comes to beer and will drink the hell out of some port or chianti.

Oct 21, 05 7:12 pm  · 
 · 

I mean when it comes to alcohol

Oct 21, 05 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
ether

two words for you. drunk

Oct 21, 05 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
gbugel

frankziskaner or weihenstephaner hefeweisse

Oct 21, 05 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ah! The boss man is back from a week in NYC and he has brought us Corona! And it is only 4:45 here in LA!!

Oct 21, 05 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
pomotrash

garpike you slacker!

We're still cranking over here in the salt mines. The booze hour is so close I can taste it, but since we're downtowners we're sophistacatin with some Argentinian Merlot from the Silver Lake Wine Shop.

Oct 21, 05 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Actually, the beer is sitting in the fridge. I jumped the gun. Everyone is still slaving away (light style) out here on the West side. But I want one now! I have to come in to work tomorrow and Sunday anyway...

Oct 21, 05 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
pomotrash

A dear friend of mine who used to work for SOM in Madhattan would fill his coke can up with a beer from his cubicle cooler. Or if things were really dire, he'd just dribble some J&B into the mix to get him through the final hour till beer time.

Oct 21, 05 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Reminds me of a drunk at this factory I worked in one summer about ten years ago. He would keep straight vodka in a Sprite can 5 days a week, 8 hours a day. He would sometimes lose his can and freak out - or worse: spill it! Also, he would fall out of the fork lift every once in a while. Yes, he was one of the licensed forklift operators. Scary.

The sad part: He admitted to only eating about 1 meal a day, 4 days a week. That was because his wife would make him eat dinner Monday - Thursday.

Sorry. Buzz kill.

Oct 21, 05 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
AP

geeez....

ok, back on track...going to the local "Cinema and Drafthouse" to see the new Pacino flick and drink some Corona...

Oct 21, 05 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Stone IPA. Sometimes Grant's Hopzilla.

Oct 21, 05 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

it's nine-thirty here.

OOPS, that's WINE-thirty.

Oct 22, 05 12:25 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i just drank a bottle of pinot. it was a shitty week but better now. thanks pinot!

Oct 22, 05 1:15 am  · 
 · 
surface

I liked lambic beer (because I am a fruit cake) but my true love is green tea.

Oct 22, 05 11:34 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Susan, Have you tried white tea? It is even better IMO.

Oct 22, 05 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

Tea??

Leave it to the chicas to ruin a perfectly good drinking thread...

Give me my Fat Tire...

Oct 22, 05 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
e

my saison dupont last night was delicious.

Oct 22, 05 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

coconut water with rum - str8 to the brain. I haven't had any for a while - last night's drinking orgy was courtesy of guiness from a bottle - if my Irish friends only knew

Oct 22, 05 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Ow my head. Back to work...

Oct 22, 05 6:14 pm  · 
 · 

On a saturday?

Oct 22, 05 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Deadline Monday. Ugh. It's cool, though. We have live GNR blasting. A bit of a departure from our usual "cool" music.

Oct 22, 05 6:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: