Archinect
anchor

Lofts in movies

grumble

i'v seen some real neat lofts in movies. dnt reckon the names( of movies). 'Unfaithful'( the italian guy's loft) is one i remember...anyone here know of any more?

Oct 20, 05 8:18 am
ochona

don't know if it was a "loft" per se -- and it wasn't a film per se -- but i saw a great loft-type space on "mystery" the other night -- it was built into the gabled attic of what was supposed to be this old manor or something

the kitchen was the best part -- it ran along the wall right where the slope of the ceiling met the vertical wall

that was the killer's apartment -- kinda like british psycho, i guess

Oct 20, 05 8:47 am  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

ghost- with full blown architectural intervention- if i remeber correctly

Oct 20, 05 8:56 am  · 
 · 
rorei

Could be the "West-Beth" it is a large artist housing building in NY, right on the Hudson just south of the meatpacking district. It was orriginally a "Bell Labs" building, used for part of the Manhattan Project in WW2, then in the late sixties early seventies sold off as artist housing. Most of units are blrak and small, burt the top two floors aremade up of huge spaces. I have friend who has one the last penthouse lofts not taken over by a single company that rents them out as film sets. They keep the film set places in spectacular condition. I will be sitting watching some nonsense on TV and say thats the WestBeth,"law and order", "youve got Mail" jump to mind
By the way Diane Arbus killed herself in the building.
Rob

Oct 20, 05 11:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: