Archinect
anchor

Importance of Recommandation letters

likil

How important is recommandation letters anyway for MArch? I emailed my second choice professor twice and didn't get response. she's not teaching this semester and i just found her email by googling. i went on the 3rd and 4th choice. but now i think again, should i try harder to contact second like asking another professor for her info. but don't feel like getting my first choice professor involved in this. i find the recommandation letters part most stressful in the applying process. thanks,

Oct 20, 05 2:04 am
decatur

they're important. Ask your professor for her contact info...or someone like the dean's secretey might help forward a request for you.

I was on the SCI-Arc admission review committee and having someone vough for your work and committemite to getting a masters can only help your app

Oct 21, 05 9:06 am  · 
 · 
likil

first, thanks decatur.

actually, before i succeed in finding my 2nd choice professor, i already asked my 4th choice professor to write. so, if i find 2nd choice, can it hurt to send four letters. (i feel so bad to tell the 4th choice i don't need her letter anymore)

Also, though i already gave all my material to my 4th choice, but i don't have a good feeling it. i don't think she likes my work very much and i don't think she's too enthusiastic about writing the letter. so, Can a recommandation letter hurt.

thanks.....

Oct 22, 05 3:20 am  · 
 · 
PsyArch

You cannot count on an email in these situations. Telephone them (or their secretary), and meet them. Be sure to look far more professional than they have ever seen you looking before. Tell the truth and let them do the lying.

Oct 24, 05 8:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: