Archinect
anchor

At 1/30"=1' what do you use to represent people in a physical model

arri

Hi everyone!

I'm looking to buy architectural scale people at 1/30"=1'. I did a google search and only found one website thats sales them. So, my question to my archinect family is what do you guys use for a physical model at 1/30"=1' or smaller to represent people? Thanks

Oct 18, 05 10:03 pm
Louisville Architect

you could try rice.

or ants touched with a dab of quick drying glue...

Oct 19, 05 7:57 am  · 
 · 
freq_arch

flat tooth picks, broken to about 1/4" long
use both ends for fat and skinny people
cheers

Oct 19, 05 8:44 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

Rice is actually a really good idea.

Look up model shops in your area as well...many will cary 1/30" scale people, cars, etc.

Oct 19, 05 10:39 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra
softcell

use kuemmel corns, i am german,so i do not now the word in german.i used them at ben van berkel.they have the best shape

Oct 19, 05 10:52 am  · 
 · 
arri

I really like the idea of using rice. My model is actually @ 1/60"=1'. I'm surprised the only website out there is www. howardmodels.com. Thanks again to everyone!

Oct 19, 05 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

What your people call kuemmel corns, my people call carraway seeds.

Oct 19, 05 5:22 pm  · 
 · 

I use 1/32" basswood dowels cut down to 3/16" long. I usually paint them red or orange or some other fun color that makes them stand out. At this scale, especially if it's a big public sort of project, use a LOT of them, esp. since they're so easy to make.

Happy building!

Oct 19, 05 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

if its 1/60 you need something about 1/10" high ..... good luck...

Oct 20, 05 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

For 1:20 I used to use flat head sewing pins threaded through and glued to one or two small glass beads - sprey painted a color that went with the model.

Oct 20, 05 5:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: