Archinect
anchor

drafting with herb...

post-neorealcrapismist

drugs are bad, bad for your body.

UP WITH HOPE...DOWN WITH DOPE!

one more word about racist jerks ar allah and i will turn this bus around, that will end your precious little feild trip now wont it!

Oct 14, 05 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
freebornman

ahhh...why can't we all just get along?

Oct 14, 05 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

anybody else wish they had some cocaine? i have to admit that all this kate moss business has me wanting to be glamorous too!

how 'bout drafting with cocaine? even new coke?

Oct 14, 05 3:55 pm  · 
 · 

the funny thing is how a little controversy attract so many of us
this thread has more than doubled since "the incident"
we all like a good fight dont we?
This site reminds me of Middle School....

Oct 14, 05 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

yep i am cool because i smoked so many things, and next i'll be smoking one of these

see how cool i am!

rajish!

you are too cool man!

you are too cool!

Oct 14, 05 3:58 pm  · 
 · 

cna you send a virtual punch? I want to see a brawl break out...

Oct 14, 05 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
freebornman

fight...fight...fight...fight

Oct 14, 05 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I haven't smoked pot in as many years as some people on this site are old. But my most recent exposure to pot was with a freelance client, a few years ago, an older woman, former radical lefty developing a historic building. I love this woman, she's truly a cool and loving person, a hippy with her ideals still intact. She met with me twice and was so happy with what I proposed that she gave me a thank you gift - a bottle of wine, a film canister of pot, and a copy of "The Lorax", in the overleafs of which she had traced the outline of her hands as a dove and scribbled bright colors and hearts and Bob Marley lyrics "one love...one heart..." and "thank you for speaking for the trees".

I gave the pot to my contractor, drank the red wine, and still read the book to my two-year-old every night - I cherish it. There's so much love out there, you guys.

Oct 14, 05 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe
Oct 14, 05 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
e

great story lb.

Oct 14, 05 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
Oct 14, 05 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
doberman

Correction: drugs are good for you, it only depends how you use them. They're just like anything else and should be done in moderation, at the right time and in the right places, with the right people etc.

Archichet, shame you posted that lame racist shit, we all realize that rajish is an c*nt so there is absolutely no need to fight fire with fire. Just let him look stupid, that's the best you can do really. Your comments are out of order and make you come across as some kind of redneck biggot. Well, maybe that's what you are, but don't do that to yourself man it's not worth it, you should take all crap you posted back and apologize. Sorry if i sound like i'm preaching you.

To answer your initial question about smoking dope and drafting, it's never worked for me. I tried it a few times and that proved a complete disaster, i kept drifting into useless considerations that undermined my projects. It made me slow and waste some precious time that could have been put to a much better use. Don't get me wrong i believe it is good to permanently question your designs but personally i prefer to do that with a clear mind so as not to lose my focus on what really is at stake in my projects. I've extended your question about drafting to designing in general, so maybe that's beside the point but even the simple act of drawing lines requires some thinking and dope doesn't help (not in my experience anyway)

ok post-neorealcrapismist, time for your 3 point turn now. I'll ask that cop to stop traffic, time for you execute that tricky manoeuvre.

Oct 14, 05 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

...drafting with Ike Reilly Assassination on the other hand - now that's fun.

Oct 14, 05 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

link
Oct 14, 05 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

no 3 point turn, i was thinking powerslide 180 degrees with a little semi-tip at the end where everyone slightly flies off their green vinyl covered bench. love those school busses.

Oct 14, 05 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
doberman

way to go.

Oct 14, 05 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
grid

This thread is exciting. Are we still on the rising action or did we already climax?

Oct 14, 05 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
G-bot

Marijuana is good for you. So claims new research:
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn8155

Oct 15, 05 12:01 am  · 
 · 
G-bot

Marijuana is good for you. So claims new research:
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn8155

Oct 15, 05 12:01 am  · 
 · 

Something Over There:
once people leave for the day, heated conversations die down a bit. if we're lucky it'll pick up either randomly over the weekend or once everyones back at their offices on Monday

Oct 15, 05 12:10 am  · 
 · 
abracadabra

Herb drafting with Jesus under the influance..

Oct 15, 05 1:07 am  · 
 · 

ah, abra, finally. brilliant.

no dope while working for me cuz is too lazifying, but often work at night with a bit of wine at me side.

being slightly baked didn't hurt jimi too much...well, except at the end there.

Oct 15, 05 3:41 am  · 
 · 

damndest thing, last year when my father passed away and we were going through his stuff we found a big box filled with a bag and coffee grounds in his workshop. We gave it to his best friend to enjoy in remembrance.

my father was serious about work and never mixed it with drugs cuz it ain't productive. but he sure knew how to enjoy his time off. i always figgered that was the way to do things.

Oct 15, 05 3:48 am  · 
 · 
NOTORIOUS

NOTORIOUS WILL HIT THE BUDDHA HARD AFTER HAPPENING UPON A MOMENT OF ARCHITECTURAL NINJA MASTERY. THE HERB PROVIDES ANOTHER LENS THROUGH WHICH TO SEE THE GENIUS.

JUST THE OTHER DAY, NOTORIOUS WAS PULLING BONGLOADS WITH STEPHEN HOLL AND THIS VERY TOPIC AROSE. YOU THINK THAT BITCH WATERCOLORS SOBER? PLEEEEEZE. MY G WON'T BE FOUND WITHOUT AN OUNCE OF KIND BUDS ON HIS PERSON AT ALL TIMES.

YOU HATERS WILL JUST HAVE TO GET OVER IT AND DEAL.

PEACE.

Oct 15, 05 12:24 pm  · 
 · 

Today they're all joining Napoleon as he reenacts (again?!) his arrival at St. Helena. He's invited all the lastest disaster victims, so expect a crowd. They'll probably wind up watching the reruns of Survivor St. Helena from last year's 'exile' party.

Tomorrow, Marie Antoinette said she'll serve up some chops. And then she'll be off for the groundbreaking reenactment at Versailles, sigh on the 20th. You can never tell with her though because she's also been telling people that Paul Rudolph will be celebrating his birthday next week at Guild House, and that he'll be serving duck!

Me? I've been stoned for a few months now, and I even think I'm now "pregnant." Heinrich von Kleist is the father. We're picking names:

The Earthquake in Chile
The Marquise of O--
Michael Kohlhaas
The Beggarwoman of Locarno
St. Cecilia and the Power of Music
The Betrothal in Santo Domingo
The Foundling
The Duel

Oct 15, 05 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

after my first year of grad school i moved into a house with five other underachievers. the garden in the back contained corn, tomatos, zucchini and six huge pot plants. after harvest our kitchen cabinets were filled with bags of herb. i was stoned for an entire semester as were many of my classmates.

Oct 15, 05 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
norm

vado-
growing and harvesting a garden like that IS an acheivement.

Oct 16, 05 9:28 am  · 
 · 

you know I wasn't going to add anything after the riot act between Rajish and Archichect but after NOTORIOUS dropped his rhyme act and Abra lay the pixels I just couldn't help myself. Or could it be because I'm perhaps the sole Jamaican that i didn't want to give off the jamaican = herb smoker vibe that already surrounds us so. Hmm herb + drafting, not really I was usually either far too mellow or far to "wise" to do any drafting...alot of designing though, and reading - particularly good if you want to read a heftly Walter Bengamin or Focoult - ehh gads!

Oct 16, 05 3:32 pm  · 
 · 

Make that "...celebrating his birthday next week at Guild House, and that he'll be serving decorated duck!"

with you host...

Oct 16, 05 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

Oct 16, 05 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

this guy must have been on the herb when it came to setting out these levels

Oct 17, 05 5:16 am  · 
 · 
doberman

Bots that one is classic, i received it in an email a few months back and couldnt stop laughing. The guy who designed those must have spent the whole of the design phase absolutely wankered on a bad combination of booze and dope... too damn funny. I guess the same applies to the developer and the local authority who signed off this project, they must have been properly demented too. surreal.

Oct 17, 05 8:56 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

that is wild!

Oct 17, 05 9:29 am  · 
 · 
zahand

marlin is that mescaline?

Oct 19, 05 9:46 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

the cuervo gold the fine colombian. make tonite a beautiful thing.

Oct 19, 05 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

say no to drugs.

Zahand: as above, a good opportunity for a caption contest is what that is.

~marlin

Oct 20, 05 2:35 am  · 
 · 
zahand

Hey ArchiCHET*
why the f should rajish come to iran?!
we've got enough of those MFDMF#$(#$ here.
thnx.

*-Chet(persian)=stoned.
:)

ps: (marlin: "M(yuck)E(yuck)S(yuck)C(yuCk)A(yUCk)L(yUcK)I(yUCK)N(YuCK)E(YUCK)?"

Oct 20, 05 11:01 am  · 
 · 
AP

marlin:

crack kills

Oct 20, 05 11:23 am  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

Ha ha ha - Great thread guys - I'd have to give it to rajish though. After all that ranting, Archichet, you came off sounding like an inexperienced weed and salami smoker. - sorry. better luck next time!

Oh yeah - and -

BOTS RULES!

Oct 20, 05 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
rajish
Dazed and Confused

, thanks for your support.

Oct 20, 05 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
Archichet

hmmmm...intresting...

Oct 20, 05 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
rajish

why don't you just give it up already, my semetic friend?

Oct 20, 05 6:28 pm  · 
 · 

shit, this thread is still going?

Oct 20, 05 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
user09

fuck it smoke till ya die(triple six mafia)

Oct 20, 05 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

why don't you just give it up already, my EMETIC friends?

Oct 20, 05 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
grumble

hahaha....i jus love dis tread. i had ta scroll bak to the top to find out wat it actually was bat. who's the winner tho? rajish? archichet?

Oct 22, 05 6:57 am  · 
 · 
Archichet

me.

Oct 25, 05 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
rajish

you haven't won shit, bitch.
shalom.

Oct 25, 05 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
PROPHET OF DOOM
Oct 25, 05 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
upside

Oct 26, 05 6:47 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: