Archinect
anchor

Camera Distortion in MAYA

vhsu

FormZ has a feature where it can distort a camera view and make all vertical lines orthogonal to the viewing plane. Does anyone know if there is a feature like that in Maya?

Thanks

Oct 14, 05 12:58 pm
LimitedPromos

I'm not familiar with FormZ however I have heard people speak of this feature. For Maya you can try in your perspective or camera view...View > Camera Attribute Editor > Orthographic Views and click Orthographic ON. The results may be close but that's my first assumtion on a solution.

Oct 14, 05 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
Lord Auch

Vhsu,

Camera attribute editor - Film offset. Try .3 then mess with the number till you get what you want. It acts like a bellows camera. You will need to reposition the camera.

Oct 14, 05 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
jonchitect

While we're talking about maya...does it have a tool which allows the user to trace over over floor plan with a wall of preset height and width-such as "aec extended > wall" in max... or the (3d extrusion) in formz?

Oct 15, 05 2:08 am  · 
 · 
Lord Auch

Trace the wall using a 1 degree cvline, duplicate the line move it vertically the desired distance and loft ( degree1 for flat degree 3 if it will be curved or sculpted ) the 2 lines together.

Oct 15, 05 2:55 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: