Archinect
anchor

What the ?

Hasselhoff

Is it just me or does this place sound incredibly asinine? Sure it's only 100 yards away and I should try it before I pass judgement, but seriously... Why would I get cereal at a restaurant? It's what, $4 for a whole box, $3 for a gallon of milk and $.60 for M&Ms. Unbelievable. I hope it's only $1 per bowl.

www.cereality.com

Oct 13, 05 11:15 pm
Kai

I think I read an article about it somewhere and they said a lot of their customers are middleage-older married men who get sugar kids cereals because their wives won't let them keep it at the house

Oct 13, 05 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

how about this one:

[url=http://www.ricetoriches.com/frameset.php?content=/startpage.php]link[/mmm-ricepudding]

Oct 14, 05 10:28 am  · 
 · 
J3

During a recent road-trip I visited the Philly Cereality...Right before consuming 3 types of Cheese Steaks (1/2 shared sub)
Yes, your math is right...but when we pay $5 for a .50 cent coffee, the $3.50 for a bowl of cereal isn't so bad...(just kidding)
I liked the place, although I don't see myself going back.

Oct 14, 05 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
pinstripeprincess

i've been to rice to riches and i dont' think it's as bad as cereality because at least they make custom rice puddings and they don't just glop out what you get in those little plastic cups and reheat it for you. granted... 9$ for rice pudding is dumb as hell.

what makes me laugh is that they know they're banking off of the self-indulgent lifestyles of north americans. and on top of that they have cereal containers for home! that my friends is what a bowl is for... and it's more environmentall friendly too.

if i was a middle-aged married man... i'd hide a box of sugary cereal in my car and eat it on the way to/from work.

Oct 14, 05 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i use to work as a waiter at a restaurant and serving cereal was one of the thing I thought was a waste of service...all i did was open one of those mini-boxes like the ones they serve at cafeterias, put the cereal in the bowl and serve milk on the side...oatmeal was the same thing...just buy that shit from the nearest grocery

Oct 14, 05 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

cereal is the ultimate lazy american food -- why the lleh would you actually walk (or drive) for more than 30 seconds and exert all kinds of energy (not to mention $3.50) to get it? jeez, you can buy a whole box of cereal for $4 anyway.

by the way, why is cereal itself so freaking expensive? must be because of the inelastic demand. people seem to be addicted to the stuff. never understood that myself -- the worst turnoff is the sugary milk runoff that people just slurp down afterwards. i'm a granola and yogurt fan -- yogurt tastes much better and it's more...substantive.

you want a lazy but healthy breakfast, take vasa bread and put peanut butter on it. takes 10 seconds. and vasa bread is cheaper and they sell it at HEB.

Oct 14, 05 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
and/or

they want to be the next starbucks. it will be a great dilemma in the morning.

Oct 14, 05 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
pinstripeprincess

did you know that corn flakes were created as a deterrent for any sexual stimuli? something about cold tasteless food....

now gimme my sugary pacman cereal.

Oct 14, 05 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
A

My freshman year of college I used to eat cold cereal in the dining center. It would pour out of these huge top loading hoppers. They had an entire wall devoted to all the different varieties. I would experiment mixing Cap'n Crunch with CoCo Puffs, etc. Cereal nirvana.

Oct 14, 05 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

Although the $5 coffee involves an infrastructure, supplies and cleaning. The effort for one cup of coffee isn't worth it. I don't drink that much coffee, so to purchase an espresso machine for home wouldn't be that great. Plus, a grande mocha is like $3.50. I pretty much only drink mochas, not regular coffee (which you could get from a food truck for like $1). And I only drink maybe one a week (have sweet sweet cold lattes from the Korean market, 20 cup box was $10).

I agree, the wall o'cereal in undergrad was great. You always knew there was something to eat if the pasta or what the-hell-chicken was bad.

Oct 14, 05 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Cereal was my food of choice for all-nighters, I used to walk in with a full box and quart of 2% and just worked and ate bowls of the stuff. Something about that and the coffee made it seemed like I was just getting a really really early start to the day rather than actually staying up all night.

Oct 14, 05 2:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: