Archinect
anchor

define: architect

strlt_typ

stay at the rose city motel in roseburg, oregon...the rooms are clean and only 45 bucks...the rooms have kitchens and smoking is not allowed so the rooms smell like linens...

a lot of floral decorations in the room and the bathroom...and they supply good soaps...unlike the soaps they give you in motel 6s that doesn't lather too well...

if you have time check out alvar aalto's library in mount angel abbey...it's uphill so pace yourself

Nov 4, 06 4:12 am  · 
 · 
Katze

you mean incapacitated? Ah, cool biking- it might take a bit longer but what the heck :)

Nov 4, 06 4:12 am  · 
 · 
garpike

I could bike there. But my new bosses would be unhappy about that.

Nov 4, 06 4:18 am  · 
 · 
Katze

New Bosses? Sounds like adventure? - hope things are going well? Kick some butt at the new job!

Nov 4, 06 4:22 am  · 
 · 
garpike

I likey my new job. I likey much. Thanks for asking. Kicking butt is my forte. Pow! Biff! Bam! Boom!

Nov 4, 06 4:26 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

I'm here after a late night on the cocktails debating life and architecture with some welsh lovelies.

Nov 4, 06 5:31 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

if normal people would only listen...

Nov 4, 06 5:34 am  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

jack of all trades

Nov 4, 06 11:50 am  · 
 · 
garpike

I shall plan my PDX trip soon.

Thanks for the info, dammson.

Nov 4, 06 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
rt m.

avoid cocktail parties.

what about architecture student?

Nov 4, 06 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

If you have yet to make the grade don't boast about your student / aprentice status in architecture. Everyone is a potential student in the field. Afterall most live and work in buildings and have an opinion on the subject matter.

Nov 6, 06 7:04 am  · 
 · 
silverlake

architect: expert on everything

Nov 6, 06 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

except sex

Nov 7, 06 12:21 am  · 
 · 
Cameron

i've described my job as marriage counselor before.

but i don't do residential anymore.

Nov 7, 06 7:12 am  · 
 · 
ThriftyAcres

A guy at work said that aspiring engineers can use the title "engineer in training" but we aren't allowed to use "architect in training"

He also just told me that back in 1976 when he was in school; a lawyer came to one of his classes and said that 1 in 4 architects can expect to be sued for malpractice. I wonder what that statistic is today. Maybe it's better not to call ones self an "architect" even when licensed.

Nov 7, 06 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
ThriftyAcres

"I likey my new job. I likey much. Thanks for asking. Kicking butt is my forte. Pow! Biff! Bam! Boom!

I'm actually excited that someone here likes his job. Gives me hope. Unless, of course, you aren't in architecture.

Nov 7, 06 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
"...an architect is "the man", the designer of enforced systems...."-metamechanic
Nov 7, 06 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

architect definitely = counselor

Steven Ward, you're lucky. Most of what I do is residential and most projects turn into a bad relationship at some point during construction. No matter how level headed the client is, at some point they snap... calling at all hours of the night, unloading about how there life is upside down, their marriage is falling apart, they're going broke, etc....

Nov 7, 06 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

prostitute

Nov 7, 06 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

but prostitutes are appreciated a bit more than architects

Nov 7, 06 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

nevermore, speak for yourself.

Nov 7, 06 8:53 pm  · 
 · 

yeah, silverlake. now i just do that to myself. (renovating another house now. my life is upside down. i'm going broke...)

Nov 8, 06 7:46 am  · 
 · 
13aqua

architect is the world's saveyer

Nov 8, 06 8:04 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

saviour?

Nov 8, 06 8:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: