Archinect
anchor

GIGAPOLYGOn!!! What's good for Softimage|XSI anyway?

Kristix You! Black Emperor

Sow the videos of the site of Softimage new release 5 and was really stupified by the gigapolygon technology wich means too "If a scene can be opened it can be rendered" The perfection of the core render in mental ray, and tons of goodies that we 3d-ers luv.
I certainly know the use big special-effects studios do of Softimage (and Maya), but what are those pecularities that make Softimage unique in "its field"!!! I'm about to go thu Maya now, but am affacinated by success Softimage has! Should I opt for XSI???

http://www.softimage.com/Products/Xsi/v5/nfvt/default.asp

Oct 9, 05 6:01 am
trace™

Software is just a tool. No one in the architecture professions will ever touch the capabilities of Maya, Max, Softimage, C4D, Lightwave, etc. The possible exception is large production 3D houses.

I use Max for it's compatibility. It dominates the arch viz arena, so finding specific furniture, cars, plants, etc., is relatively easy. It's much more difficult with Maya and probably almost non existent with Softimage (C4D, however, has a pretty strong following in arch viz).

Don't be suckered into the hollywoodesque features - Max, Maya, etc., can all essentially do the same thing.

I'd go with Max or C4D if you are working in the architecture professions or plan too.

Oct 9, 05 11:57 am  · 
 · 
Kristix You! Black Emperor

Oh, I alrady am on max and wanted to do the big step with Maya or Softimage!! Anyway thanx trace

Oct 10, 05 4:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: