Archinect
anchor

cad text HELP

gruen

ok, I'm going crazy - f*** autocad. I've got about a million MTEXT entities - all the wrong color. I want to make them blue, and they are white. Neither blue nor white = BYLAYER. I don't want to edit them seperately, I want to select all and change the d**m color. What command do I need? I seem to recall something like DDCHANGEPROP, but that's not working?!?

Oct 5, 05 9:51 am

if they're all on the same layer, couldn't you isolate that layer and then window them all and matchprop?

Oct 5, 05 10:11 am  · 
 · 
gruen

matchprop seems to change everything but color. and if i change color in the properties window, it doesen't actually change the text color.

i did get it to work by exploding the text (converting an mtext to text) and then I could change the color. But of course, I lost the formatting. and TEXT isn't as nice as MTEXT.

good enough for now though.

Oct 5, 05 10:24 am  · 
 · 
plastic

to reformat the text as mtext use the 'txt2mtxt' command...it's found under express/text/convert text to mtext (if you're not one of those command prompt typers). select only each chunk of text you wish to convert back to an mtext entity, as this command will place all the text selected into one mtext entity.

if you run into this problem again on other drawings, you could explode all but one mtext entity. use this as your parent object and make sure all is a-okay with that one (color, justification, width, style and all that jazz. if you have multiple justification set-ups (left and right), i would recommend you leave one of each as a parent). then, using the txt2mtxt command, recreate all your entities as mtxt, then simply matchprop your new mtexts with the parent you didn't explode.

Oct 5, 05 10:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: