Archinect
anchor

2012 Design Intelligence Rankings

I started this thread last year and it caused such a stir I figured I would take the honors to do it again. Here you have it for 2012:

1. Harvard GSD

2. Yale SoA

3. Columbia GSAAP

4. Wash U STL, Sam Fox School of Design

5. Kansas State University

6. Cornell

6. MIT

8. Michigan

8. UPENN

10. U Cincinnati 

http://archrecord.construction.com/features/Americas_Best_Architecture_Schools/2012/schools-2.asp

Nov 3, 11 5:24 pm
PandaK1ng

Graduate Program rankings of course.

Nov 3, 11 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
azcue

any word on the Landscape and Interior design rankings?

Nov 3, 11 7:37 pm  · 
 · 

my least favorite ritual...i'll suggest a little restraint this year, but i know that's wishful thinking.

Nov 4, 11 11:54 am  · 
 · 
camhard

UMich

Nov 4, 11 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
sectionalhealing

nice try DI!

now rank them by "percent of grads employed".

Nov 4, 11 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
manoverde84

what about the remaining 10? where can I see the full list?

Nov 4, 11 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
Jason Muller

USC Masters in Construction Management

Nov 4, 11 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
Urbanist

MIT objects to tying with Cornell.  It's very very cold and lonely in Ithaca. It's merely cold in Cambridge.  Therefore, we should be ranked ahead of them. 

As usual, we object to the inclusion of the first institution on the list altogether. 

We also would like to express the view that adequate restroom facilities are an imperative for any architecture school and therefore suggest that GSAPP needs to be brought down a few notches on the list.

Nov 4, 11 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
jamesherm

Does anyone actually think Kansas State has a better program than MIT or Cornell (or any of the other schools listed beneath it)? Does anyone not think that Princeton's program belongs in the top ten?

The Michigan thing last year was absurd, but this year's list just reinforces how broken the DI methodology is. 

Nov 6, 11 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
brorstein

It's like espn.com's power rankings for hornrims!  If only it were also weekly.

Nov 6, 11 8:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: