Archinect
anchor

sustainable architecture resource book

domestic

Can you recommend a good up-to-date sustainable architecture sourcebook to use as a totalizing resource, a book that covers every aspect and gets into the nitty gritty details?

I have tons of sustainble architecture stuff but its all fragmented into articles and photocopies or guide books from symposiums, I want a good book that reconciles all this theoretical and technical material in a nice neat package so I can put it above my workspace and refer to it when i need it to jog my memory on something. I've done some research into finding one but the books are pretty expensive so I want to make sure that if I'm buying an expensive book I'm buying the right one, so if you could tell me what you use that would be helpful.

thanks

Oct 2, 05 5:34 pm
losdogedog

Try AIA Colorado
They put together a sustainable resource guide, for Colorado.
It on thier website. It just a start and not totaly comprehenvise.

Oct 2, 05 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Good question. I've started my own binder, it covers everything from articles and guidelines to Environmentally Preferable materials, but it would be nice to have a reference like what you're talking about.

Oct 3, 05 8:35 am  · 
 · 

"Sun, Wind, & Light"

Clicky

Oct 3, 05 11:27 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

didn't this question appear recently?

Oct 3, 05 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

can't find it so here it is again

link

Oct 3, 05 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
domestic

hhmmm

Maybe I should just take all my technical literature, articles, lecture notes and guide books and write a graphic standards for sustainable architecture myself because I think this is what i want, something that goes into great detail on everything sustain arch.

BOTS is this the book you use?
I'm looking for something with all the passive and active strategies
+ theories, theories about sustainble urban design, landscape/site design and building design, embodied energy of materials, eco footprint calcs, ghg info, stats on double wall systems, stats for thermal mass walls/roofs, operable windows data, low-e glass data, case studies looking at strategies for various building typologies....... basically everything.

Oct 3, 05 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

Ah, I see. Perhaps not that book which covers alll sustainable technologies used throughout the world on a more residential scale. Passive and active.

I don't know of any book that covers all. Urban environments are a big subject in itself.

Good luck with the library.

Oct 3, 05 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
try here
Apr 22, 07 4:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: