Archinect
anchor

fly away with me...

pinstripeprincess

i'm in desperate need to go some place else to be refreshed and reinspired.

any suggestions for a torontonian who only has a weekend and a couple bucks?

(ottawa, montreal have been exhausted and i'll be in the uk and south africa in 3 months)

alternatively... where do you go to be reinspired?

Sep 23, 05 9:44 am

go to chicago and walk. you can get by fairly cheap in chicago and you can always have a different visit than the last time you were there.

Sep 23, 05 9:51 am  · 
 · 
Tectonic

pinstripeprincess,

Fly out to Chihuahua, Mexico and take this trip http://www.coppercanyon-mexico.com/cc-mex/cctren.htm (it sounds like this is what you need)

Sep 23, 05 10:39 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

what inspires you?

Sep 23, 05 11:47 am  · 
 · 
pinstripeprincess

that mexico train trip looks great.... that might also work better since i'll probably be travelling alone.

i think i used the wrong word... i don't necessarily need to be reinspired so much as regain perspective. i've been reading betadinesutures "20 hours" post and i'm just feeling stuck in this technical and soul sucking engineering job. i'd like to be reminded that there's beauty, art and culture out there and people who can appreciate it.

Sep 23, 05 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

i am planning (not planning) a little trip for my fall break this fall. (hopefully) i plan on going to the train station, and getting on a random train... going somewhere and just be there for a few days. no plans... i dont even want to know where im going... i just want to end up somewhere... that sounds inspiring

Sep 23, 05 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
pinstripeprincess

i want to do that sometime, but sometime when i've got more than a weekend.

granted.. i may just do that and just try not to travel too far. you should leave on the first train out of the station ;)

Sep 23, 05 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

new...oh forget it.

Sep 23, 05 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

That guy who was under the hatch in LOST was eating cereal, shooting steroids, and listening to Mama Cass Eliot - how cool was that?

Sep 26, 05 12:56 am  · 
 · 
pinstripeprincess

almost as cool as being crushed by a random car that people were tipping at your homecoming?

i think i'm going away for canadian thanksgiving and we're goign to do the |letdown| thing... heading to the airport with a backpack and a credit card.

Sep 26, 05 9:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: