Archinect
anchor

CCNY Spitzer or BAC?

manoverde84

I am torn between two schools; CCNY Spitzer or Boston Arch. College.

Both sound like excellent schools in two exciting towns, but I have to choose one.

Which one offers more and is academically reputable?

Oct 28, 11 3:49 pm
Confession

Did you check best school of architecture on internet ? Firstly check all lists about that and after choose it..

Oct 29, 11 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
manoverde84

what lists should I check out?

Which school is more reputable?

Oct 30, 11 12:06 am  · 
 · 
Confession

http://www.archsoc.com/kcas/researchschool4.html

Oct 31, 11 12:53 am  · 
 · 
manoverde84

Excellent. Thanks! Looks like CUNY is the better school and seems very reputable.

Oct 31, 11 10:45 am  · 
 · 
manoverde84

Among employers which one is more reputable? What is the opinion of BAC and CCNY?

Nov 1, 11 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
manoverde84

anyone?

Nov 3, 11 11:02 am  · 
 · 
manoverde84

bump

Nov 6, 11 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
Beepbeep

I would go to CCNY, I went to the BAC for 2 semesters, while I think that it is a good program and did learn a decent amount. However you will not get your own studio work space(huge importance), 24 hour access, and many of the students are older and not as motivated as you find in a traditional program. The interaction with your class mates is just not there as you get in a studio environment that you will pretty much live at. Getting a job can be rather difficult especially in this market, the practice idea is great but you can not progress along the academic route unless you acquire so many practice credits... and it takes a long time like 7 years for b.arch and 5 for m.arch. CCNY looks to be a fine program and im sure they will have a good network in NYC which will hopefully get you employed after its all over. 

Nov 7, 11 10:09 am  · 
 · 
manoverde84

Shimmy, how is the BAC percieved among fellow architects,employers, etc?  I want to have BAC as a back up school,

Nov 20, 11 10:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: