Archinect
anchor

Music Festivals

jas

I know theres nothing similiar to Big Day Out in Australia but are there other music festivals in the US or Canada that striving to be that or at least similiar to South by Southwest in Austin.

Sep 21, 05 2:40 pm
jas

anyone??

Sep 21, 05 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

LoveParade which is big in Europe is in SF on the 23-24 of this month

Sep 21, 05 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

Coachella festival

Sep 21, 05 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
Crumpets

I don't know much about Big Day Out, but it sounds a lot like how Lollapalooza used to be back in the day. There isn't really a good touring festival now that pushes musical boundaries. Most festivals are now localized to big cities. The one's I can think of are: Bonaroo, Vegoose (Bonaroo spin-off), Voodoo Festival (probably won't happen this year). Music Midtown, etc. I would just do a search based on the city/area you're interested in going to. But remember, most festivals have similar headlining acts.

Last, the best known destination festival in the US that rivals Reading and Glastonbury is, imo, Coachella.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Sep 21, 05 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

can't smoke inside at SXSW next year...so if you're coming from NY or LA just to smoke in bars for five days straight...better just cancel your tickets.

Sep 21, 05 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

austin city limits music festival

Sep 21, 05 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

CMJ? sort of.

Sep 21, 05 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
ElTomas
www.wmcon.com
Sep 21, 05 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
zeth01

summerfest can be rather cool www.summerfest.com

Sep 22, 05 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

Intonation was incredible this summer in chicago

Sep 22, 05 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

and there's bumbershoot in seattle.

Sep 22, 05 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

in chicago right now there is the adventures in modern music festival

Sep 22, 05 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

and vegoos and arthurfest was a few weekends ago, and there are multiple All Tomorrow's Parties festivals...

really there is a lot...but it looks like this big day out thing is several bands on a vircut travelling together...i don't know of anything quite like this in the states, but that is probably just because it isn't australia..

Sep 22, 05 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
rajish

lletdownl-
intonation sucked my balls man.

Sep 22, 05 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
NotAnArchitect.yet

Coachella's hot stuff, figuratively and literally. Two days of good music.

Sep 23, 05 1:03 am  · 
 · 
Alana

there's a north by northeast festival in toronto

Sep 23, 05 1:04 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: