Archinect
anchor

Studying architectural trends

lilbuddy

Does anyone know of sites that compile data on what is actually being built in the country? Would be interested to see stats or graphics on exactly what people are buying/building based on decade, rather than just general theories about what's trendy. Thanks!

Sep 21, 05 1:12 pm
A Center for Ants?

but how would you quanitfy everything? i don't think it's been done specifically pertaining to architectural "trends" as you say, because it's so complicated and impossible to qualify or quantify.

how does one create and compare data for buildings say for taniguchi's moma and calatrava's new transportation hub?

you could probably find data on buildings by zoning type, but that hardly pertains to the actual architecture being built.

Sep 21, 05 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
lilbuddy

Yeah, I'm thinking more specifically about what is quatifiable, i.e. average square footage, and perhaps houses done in a specific style, how many people buid their new McMansion "Spanish" as opposed to "Tudor" each year. Could also include material types, lot size, building height, etc.

Sep 21, 05 1:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: