Archinect
anchor

Architect: Anthony Ames

bigwayne3000

Architect: Anthony Ames. hey guys im new to the site. I'm currently a fist year college student studying architecture and i am tyring to find information on Anthony Ames as well as some pictures of his work as I have a small research project due this monday. I have tried google and yahoo and its like he doesnt even exist because i cant find any information on him what so ever, except like a 3 sentence webpage. Any help any of you guys can provide me in researching Anthony Ames and his work is greatly appreciated. you can email me: [email protected] or AIM: bigwayne3000 thanks again for any and all help it is much appreciated.

Sep 21, 05 12:25 pm

there was a book on him in the '80s, but it's probably out of print (so wouldn't show up on amazon, maybe). did you try your school library?
or the public library? or a nearby school with a fine arts library?

also, i'm pretty sure the office is still operating. (atlanta? can't remember.) contact them. maybe they'll send a brochure or something, or email images or .pdfs to you. if they've got a website, you can probably pull low-res images off of it.

Sep 21, 05 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
bigwayne3000

whats the name of the firm? i have no idea about this guy because for some reason i just am not able to find any info on him what so ever thru google or yahoo or anything. im lost to be honest with you.

Sep 21, 05 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
AP

don't know where to find stuff on him, although I am fairly sure his practice is in NYC. He lectured at UF a few years ago, when I was in undergrad there...from what I remember he lauded the New York 5, was interested in continuing the work of LeCorbusier (quite directly), and his home designs reflected this fascination with corbusier. Also, I remember him talking about intersecting 2 geometries and putting service and circulation in the intersection...that's about it...

Sep 21, 05 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
AP

think it's just, "Anthony Ames, Architect"

Sep 21, 05 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

Ames Anthony Architect
2970 Peachtree Road Northwest Suite 314, Atlanta, GA 30305
(404) 266-8904

Sep 21, 05 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
some published projects
Sep 21, 05 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
AP

ya, not nyc...sorry

Sep 21, 05 12:43 pm  · 
 · 

wayne, i know you're in first year, so you've got time to learn this: most of the time we architect-types depend less on knowing things than knowing how to FIND things out. get more creative in your about this, using all of the means at your disposal.

here i thought the kids these days knew how to do and find anything on the internet...

...course he did use us pretty well, so some credit for creative foraging is due.

Sep 21, 05 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

I'll go easy on the kid, after all Tony Ames isn't really known much outside Atlanta.

Sep 21, 05 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
e

when i was in grad school back in the early 90s, ames was a visiting prof at my school. everyone kinda laughed at him behind his back because he pulled his pants up so high.

Sep 21, 05 7:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: