Archinect
anchor

The Archinect Graduate School Guide: Syracuse University

likil

I'm going to take the initiative, at the risk of failure, to start a number of threads that I think can truly help people, especially as application time approaches. I am hoping that with these threads people can get a semi-comprehensive look at a number of schools, based on the observations and opinions of archinect users. The purpose of these threads will be to aid prospective applicants in researching schools so that they might find the best fit for their academic/professional interests or pear down the number of schools they plan on applying to. I have provided an approximate tuition cost for the 2005-2006 school year, as well as degrees offered in the Dept. of Architecture only. This means that, in some cases, Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, and other degree programs are omitted. There also may be discrepancies in tuition estimates due to the way some school's choose to represent there figures (i.e. with additional fees or not).

I am fully aware that this exercise may fail, in which case these threads will sink into the cold depths of the archives, but I urge you if you are interested to contribute. If you have first/second-hand knowledge of the school in question please offer some insight to those who know nowt. If you are someone interested in learning more about a school, please feel free to copy and paste, substituting in the info of your school of interest. This will maintain uniformity in the threads.

The Archinect User's Guide: Syracuse Univesity

Syracuse University: Syracuse New York
Tuition: approx. 31,000
Degrees offered: MArch I., MArch. II

Questions for consideration:

What is the direction of the school?
Would you say the school is design heavy/ theory heavy etc...?
Does the school offer sustainable design courses?
What kinds of students fare best both on the admissions table and in the school?
Do the professors push in any particular direction (in design, theory, etc...)?
Who are some important or exceptional people in the department?

...and anything else that might help a prospective student decide whether the school would be an appropriate place to apply.

Sep 21, 05 3:24 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: