Archinect
anchor

maxwell renderer/ rhino evaluation

g-love

slightly random question - has anyone purchased and used the maxwell render program? in particular, has anyone used it in conjunction with rhino? we're trying to evaluate whether to buy maxwell (can't get a demo) and am curious if it's as 'easy' to use as the manufacturers claim.

any impressions or thoughts are appreciated in advance -

Sep 20, 05 9:14 pm
Saturn

I am not sure about Rhino versions, but I know that from a practicality standpoint it just takes too long to get a quality image with no grain. You are better off waiting a couple of years to buy. They should have all of the bugs worked out by then.

Sep 24, 05 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
Blind Pew

That may be true that it takes a long time to render without grain, but a great deal of time can be saved in the quick lighting setup. It might not be so good for people who have such tight deadlines that it would be impractical, but for most situations just let it render overnight and run it through a de-noiser in the morning. Look at the gallery on their website and judge the quality for yourself; its an easy renderer to use and get good results.

Sep 24, 05 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
construct

grain isn't a bad thing....its a great renderer.

Sep 24, 05 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Eh it's not great by any means. I have used it for formz, 3ds, and cin 4d and havent been nearly as impressed - Final Render 2 blows it out of the water.

Sep 26, 05 11:49 am  · 
 · 
Saturn

I agree that it is a great rendere and that set is quick and easy, but even an overnight render on most machines will not give you the output size and quality that you may need. Those renderings were done on better than average graphic machines and the render times are between 20 and 48 hours. It all depends on the scene.

IMHO it is just not practical if you are on a deadline.

Sep 26, 05 12:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: