Archinect
anchor

Community Design

hariom

HI,

I'm currently in te process of applying to MARCH I programs. So far i'm applying to RISD, Cornell, Pratt, and Parsons. I am very intersted in community design, and I would like to get some imput about whether these schools encourage or work with community design organizations. Also, if anyone knows any other schools who are committed to socially/environmentally responsible design, I would greatly appreciate any information you can give.

Thanks!

Sep 20, 05 9:29 am
tagalong

Aburn - Rural Studio
Rice - Their Building Workshop in one the the Houston Wards
Yale - The Building Project & The Urban Design Workshop...although I have a bit of a different opinion of these having gained first hand experience...

For the schools you mentioned I haven't heard anything about a community design focus but I could just be not all that "in the know"

Sep 20, 05 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
Bryan Finoki

some more here.... and here, oh and here too ...

Sep 20, 05 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
BE

Mary Comerio of UC Berkeley wrote a ton on Community Design so that's where I will start looking. Generally, community design is smiled upon in Berkeley.

Sep 20, 05 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
hariom

Hey thanks for all the input.
I know Pratt is involved in community design, but that is under the graduate planning and envirnonment department. They are in the process of integrating the planning program with the march... Hopefully it will happen soon! Thanks again.

Sep 20, 05 11:43 pm  · 
 · 
Josh Emig

I'm not sure, but I've heard McGill in Montreal is big on that. But that's hearsay.

Sep 21, 05 1:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: