Archinect
anchor

Materials Materials

rebelliousz_poet

Google craze leads to hours of surfing so I thought I would ask on archinect...

Could you please refer me to websites with information on very hip and cool materials out there whose applications vary from Industrial Design to Architectural to car interiors etc... Materials that are progressive and out of the norm.... thanx

Sep 16, 05 12:30 pm
Tectonic

rebelliousz_poet

Geeee, where's that silver platter when you need one?

Sep 16, 05 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
rebelliousz_poet

I thought archinect was for sharing information and getting to meet ppl... Perhaps that is why there is the nect in it...

Sep 16, 05 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

there have been a few posts already on materials... you should look them up. there are some interesting items.

Sep 16, 05 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi you would agrea that there shuld be just one material right .
If something ask 20 different materials, each material will ask it's own production line right. So one material is right if it can replace each fitting each profile and beam, with only one material . Now things are made from many different things, but everything, bricks, concrete other lattrice, can be shapen in one material. Ofcaurse it is better to build the large structures in heavy steel plate, and other in some specialy designed sheet material ,could be concrete bricks cast within a cube framework on site , but true then ther will be two materials ,the reinforcing 3D steel frame grid , and interconnected concrete bricks.
The great secret about why petrochemics are not good in space, come from that metal simply hold better ,so even car design - eh a brance that proberly will requier huge design challances, will profit from this way of building things. Done with CAD and without bending one single piece, metal sheet or composite sheet is better suited for CAD projecting anyway.
Beside sheet materials are cheap. Car interioue no problem maby your seat will feel a bit square but it will be in small pieces ;))

Sep 16, 05 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

rebelliousz_poet,

You are correct. It was just my gut reaction to post my previous post. But why not? Try www.treehugger.com they have links to other sites which have some pretty cool stuff. And again, sorry for my unecessary post.

Sep 16, 05 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Also, http://www.azom.com/materials.asp

Sep 16, 05 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Also, http://www.transstudio.com/

Sep 16, 05 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
and/or

Nice links. Thanks for sharing, tectonic.

Sep 16, 05 5:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: