Archinect
anchor

VIZ animation

Hasselhoff

Hey dudes,
Trying to do some lame-o animation for a class. How do I animate color change? I need a block to change color when a plane passes over it. I was looking in the help, but it wasn't useful. It said to animate the mix parameter of a material, but I can't seem to get it to work. Any tips?

Sep 15, 05 1:25 pm
momentum

if its a basic material, just animate the iffuse color.

Sep 15, 05 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

thats diffuse

Sep 15, 05 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

The question is...how? It just changes the color of the material in all frames, even if I key them. I must be missing something.

Sep 15, 05 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

do you want it to jump from one color to the next? like a light switch (blue=on/red=off)?

Sep 15, 05 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

if you want a switch effect, move the first keyframe right next to the other keyframe. then the animation will take place in the duration of 1 frame, therefore you will get the switch effect.

if you can't figure it out, render the first half of the scene with material 1, then render the second half of the scene after you have applied material 2.

Sep 15, 05 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

Another (although probably inappropriate for this case) way is to use an avi as the material. make a short animation of solid colors changing and then save as an avi and use it in place of your bitmap image.

Sep 15, 05 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

Use this!

Sep 15, 05 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

...yeah I forgot to add you could also use an animated image instead of a movie to achieve the same effect.

In addition google is your friend....

Tutorial.....

Sep 15, 05 6:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: