Archinect
anchor

library in NYC

zuta

I have trouble finding architectural books; actually, I buy some, but can not afford to buy all that I would read. Is there any library (in NYC, open for public) or e-library that you would recommend? Thanks.

Sep 15, 05 9:56 am
badass japanese cookie

it's all about having friends who are writing dissertations...

Sep 15, 05 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
badass japanese cookie

· 
badass japanese cookie

· 
badass japanese cookie

· 
badass japanese cookie

· 
badass japanese cookie

haha

· 
frisbee pirata

NY Public Library has an entire room dedicated to Architecture/Architects located right at the end of the main reading room.

Sep 15, 05 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
raji

Sep 15, 05 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

Columbia Architecture library at Avery is great. If you are a student at another college you can get a pass or to any other uni's library in New York. I forget what it is called though.

Sep 15, 05 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
alexan

the avery collection is almost off limits. i go to school in nyc, and per their request you must have a slip signed by your library stating that the book is available in no other catologues and the specific title you are seeking.
try the nypl.

Sep 16, 05 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

I went to school in NYC too though I was quite the shady character. I'd use their database and find a book that no one else had, as an excuse to spend a lot of time there. It may seem like a hassle at first but once you get the routine down...smooth sailing.

Sep 16, 05 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
eeayeeayo

Cooper Union, Parsons, and NYU all have architecture collections. All have varying policies as to how non-students can get access, but in all cases it is possible. NYC public libraries are also worth visiting.

Sep 17, 05 12:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: