Archinect
anchor

learning Macromedia studio mx programs

benny

I'm currently taking a Flash course and would like to learn the other programs in the mx suite but am wondering whether it would be fairly easy to learn them (particularly Dreamweaver) without taking a class.

for those of you expert Macromedia users, how did you learn the programs?

Sep 14, 05 4:42 pm
Manteno_Montenegro

Well, when I started using them they were much easier than they are now.

With Flash 4 under my belt and roughly 75% understanding of Flash 5, it would be sort of easy to jump into Flash 8 even though I have not used anything past Flash MX (checked out the trial version).

Dreamweaver was the same way, I still have and still use Dreamweaver 4 at home and nothing newer. Again, with the understanding of that program, newer ones wouldn't be that hard.

I do keep up with new products and how they change, but I have not needed new versions of either yet.

Anyhow, learning Dreamweaver at this point would probably benefit from a class unless you were just going to use it for very basic things.
Do you know how to build websites otherwise? If NO, and if you're new to web design... not trying to be discouraging, but there is SO MUCH TO LEARN. I've been doing this kind of stuff since 1999 and sometimes am kind of shocked at just how much I've learned and retained in that amount of time. I couldn't possibly imagine just starting out now considering how much technology, design, practices, etc. are out there.

But if I could give you a tip, Dreamweaver or not: Learn how to code web pages with full CSS layout and XHTML. Avoid tables, and learn everything you can about CSS layout.

Best of luck. :)

Sep 14, 05 4:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: