Archinect
anchor

threadless.com

xtbl

is anyone else obsessed with this site? i just ordered 6 t-shirts! i'm addicted! any other cool sites like this one?

Sep 14, 05 12:29 pm
Manteno_Montenegro

They were cool about a year ago before ironic slogan t-shirts designed by people who just started using a warez version of Photoshop or Illustrator found out about the place.

Look at all their old shirts - they were cool, well designed, and different and artistic.

Now it's just a bunch of silliness. I'm glad you've enjoyed your shirts, but really, the place is a joke compared to what they used to be like.

Sep 14, 05 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
mwad

I have around six or seven of the shirts including : Red 365?, Burning Man (original), Bleeding Heart, 'Threadless' Shirt, Rising Sun v1, Love Consume Die (my favorite), and this other wierd one. The Ctrl-Z is a classic too. Love it.

I think there are still some very good shirts being put out although I haven't bought any in quite some time. Their shirt for Katrina is pretty cool. I think I'm gonna get that one and maybe order a couple others while I'm at it.

The guy at the Blueprint shop around here always has the polo style 'dork' shirt on. Its pretty cool.

Sep 14, 05 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, i agree. their older shirts that are now out of print were a lot cooler. and i think the hurricane katrina shirt is sold out. luckily i was able to nab one. =P

Sep 14, 05 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
Zoë Coombes

Did you know that threadless was created and is run by SkinnyCorp? Check them out since they have some really cool other projects with the same community input concept that steers threadless.com Have a look at 15MegsofFame. I don't think this is cheezy dotcom intellectual art. This is also cunning and humane commercial project. Props Skinny, Yo!

skinnyCorp

Sep 14, 05 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

threadless still has a few cool, unique designs.
I think if a cooler community latched on to the site that influenced the voiting in a different way, maybe some of the better non"beer is gud" shirts would get printed. Perhaps that's the one drawback to community-driven sites, it's all about the majority, it certainly allows the site to be more dynamic..but you live and die by input.
It's too bad screening costs haven't dropped to allow them to print any design submitted. Instead of voting for a few designs every month, any design could be submitted and ordered...now that would be cool.

*shrug* I still like some of the designs that are winning.

Sep 14, 05 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
pinstripeprincess

i've got 'the fast supper' and i love it.

i don't necessarily think it's the people who vote for it so much as the people who design the shirts to say things like 'beer is gud'. there's a lot of non-design going on on that site and it might have to do with the $1k prize you get.

Sep 15, 05 12:07 am  · 
 · 
NotAnArchitect.yet

Hopping on “the earlier shirts were better” bandwagon. The first shirt I ever bought from them was the one with the silhouette of the woman with her hair running down into a barcode. I can’t seem to find it on the site anymore. Hands down their best design.

I also own outbreak girl and “flowers in the attic,” but people think I’m morbid when I wear that one. I think it’s just a cool design. Jerks.

Sep 15, 05 12:39 am  · 
 · 
mwad

Isn't that jesus who turns into a barcode? The flowers in the attic is cool but is a tad bit morbid for sure.

This one is my favorite of the 'newer' batch of designs. http://www.threadless.com/product/252/Take_A_Hike

I hope they reprint it soon.

Sep 15, 05 9:56 am  · 
 · 
mwad

But what I really want are those cool DiK sweat bands Zoe was sporting. I love their squirell outline.

Sep 15, 05 9:59 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

yes! me too! or a t-shirt with that squirrel logo on it would be tight...

Sep 15, 05 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
sunburntkamel

heh, my sister gets seriously creeped out when i wear the "flowers in the attic" one. i really don't understand it.

and yeah, it's like anything on the internet. as soon as the masses realize that they, too, can have a voice, all the cool stuff gets shouted over.

Sep 15, 05 6:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: