Archinect
anchor

form z Q?:

architron

hi -

i am trying to bring a CAD drawing [it's CAD lite if that makes ANY? diff]..into form z - either into draft or model.

do i 'import' ? should it be as dxf ? are the xrefs causing a pblm?

i haven't doen this in awhile + somehow it keeps givng me a FAILURE notice when i try to get it into form z.

appreciate ANY help - !! thanks

Sep 14, 05 12:24 pm
eric_h

yes, you should import the drawing, and the file can be a dxf or a dwg. formz doesn't recognize autocad 2004 or 2005 files (although version 5 might, i haven't tried yet) so you have to save them down to 2000/2002.

Sep 14, 05 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
OlDirtyArchitect

I've always just opened AutoCad files directly into Form z. A dialog box pops up but it has never given me a problem. I do not use import, just use file, open.

Sep 14, 05 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

only works with 2005 autocadd dwg's tho -

Sep 14, 05 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
architron

got it -- i had to save it as a R12/LT2.dxf > imported it it's there -- not sure @ xrefs --

my guess is to bring thos in as separate imports [?]

thanks - /i can fidget w. it now

Sep 14, 05 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
G-bot

bind all xrefs first then import into FormZ.
I usually click on the option to bring all autocad layers into one formz layer. That way I can rename the layer as CAD, then ghost it and use it to trace over.

Good luck.
GO to the FORMZ website for further answers to your questions the FORUM is very good there.
http://www.formz.com/forum/general_discussion.html

Sep 15, 05 12:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: