Archinect
anchor

autocad help!

xtbl

i've inherited an autocad drawing, that @ first glance looked normal. however, i've soon realized to my utter horror that the person who created this drawing really fucked it up! somehow he managed to create a drawing that when looked @ in plan view looks normal. however, a problem arose when i was trying to measure the distance between two pionts and when trying to fillet. when i orbit around the drawing in 3 dimensions, there are lines everywhere! is there some way i can "flatten" this drawing so that all lines are on the 0 z plane? does this make sense to anyone? or am i just rambling incoherently? i've asked a couple of friends and the best advice they gave me is to just start over. is this drawing doomed? help!!!

Sep 12, 05 12:20 pm
el jeffe

this has been covered before.

http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=P19988_0_42_0_C

Sep 12, 05 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

oh shit, muchisimas gracias jeffe. i had searched through the discussions but i guess i overlooked this. thanks again.

Sep 12, 05 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Step 1: Use the "flatten.lsp" tool.

Step 2: Be sure to clean up any overlapping lines resulting from Step 1, or else your OSNAP functions will be totally f****d.

Step 3: Find the person who created the drawing, and drag him out into the street and shoot him.

Sep 12, 05 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

ha ha ha, yeah, thanks living in gin. thank god for the flatten.lsp tool. saved me a huge headache. i was about to kill someone!

Sep 12, 05 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

it's not necessarily someone's intentional fault though. it happens at our firm though we keep our own 2d and 3d drawings separate. the problem usually comes from consultants that draft in 3d that give us drawings. someone assumes that it's a 2d drawing and xrefs it or blocks it in and once people start snapping to points, it just snowballs.

Sep 13, 05 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, i know he didn't do it on purpose, but it was kind of weird because the person who drew it is an excellent draftsman. i don't even think i could screw up a drawing like that on purpose!

Sep 13, 05 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

just type "flatten"

Sep 13, 05 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, it's been fixed. thanks. this thread can be "disappeared" now...

Sep 13, 05 3:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: