Archinect
anchor

Dutch License

dsze

Does any one know how to get license in the Netherlands.
I am a US graduates and would like to work in the netherlands.
Thanks!!

Sep 7, 05 4:35 pm
a-f

Are you going to work in an office or as a freelancer? In my experience, licensing don't mean much when it comes to what position/salary you would get in an office. This is rather an issue of your ability to negotiate, unfortunately. Please tell me more.

Sep 7, 05 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
rutger
architectenregister

a-f is right, you don't really need it unless you want to start your own office.

Sep 7, 05 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
dsze

I might start my office later, but most importantly I want to enter some of the competitions while working. I think that a lot of competitions in Europe and the Netherlands need License.

A-F, rutger, do you know how difficult it is for them to recognize US qualifications?

Thanks,

Sep 7, 05 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
ideo

dsze--am applying for this license too. just ask them an apllication form. and send the form and a certified copy of ur diploma.

anybody knows how to establish an office in the netherlands?

Sep 7, 05 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
rutger

dsze, a lot of competitions need a license indeed.
For starting your own office this might be helpfull: kvk
This is the 'kamer van koophandel' which is the Dutch chamber of commerce.
And you might find some info at bna

Sep 8, 05 9:19 am  · 
 · 
a-f

Licensing through the "architectenregister" (as supplied by rutger) is necessary for some competitions, although not all. The main point is that the title "architect" is protected, so you can't use it for yourself or your office if you're not registered. However, you can call your office a "design studio" or whatever. I'm not 100% sure but you can probably also do commissions, since architects in the NL have very little responsibility (albeit a high workload). For EU citizens it's fairly easy to register if you have a diploma which clearly states your title, like M.Arch. There is usually no practical training or post-graduate exams necessary, contrary to the systems in the US or GB. To start up your own thing, you need to register at the Kamer van Koophandel.

Sep 8, 05 9:26 am  · 
 · 
a-f

Sorry rutger, seems like you were first....

Sep 8, 05 9:26 am  · 
 · 
rutger

About the kvk...
Since architecture is a so called free profession it is not necessary to register at the kvk when you use your own name.
a-f is right about the "design studio", but that doesn't work for competitions.

Sep 8, 05 9:37 am  · 
 · 
dsze

thanks a lot!!!
a-f, and rutger.. this is helpful!!!

Sep 10, 05 2:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: