Archinect
anchor

M. Arch I or II for a UK Part I Please Help!

somearchitect

I have recently finished my UK Part I and am applying to programs in the States to complete my studies (I am an American citizen). Does anyone have experience applying to M. Arch programs from a foreign background?

Specifically, does anyone has experience whether a Part I is the equivalent of a B. Arch, and therefore, applicants should apply to an M. Arch II program. Or, is it better to try and get credit (for those schools that accept 2nd year Masters students) for an M. Arch I or just start at M. Arch Year 1.

I found this post from Riba for all those who are interested... http://www.presidentsmedals.com/pageDB.aspx?page=schoollist&country=USA

THANK YOU!!!!

Sep 7, 05 1:32 pm
spiderdad

from what i understand... part I is a same as Bsc Architecture -- not a five year BArch...

i dont know this for sure, but as the british degrees are only 3 years and you still need to get diploma (not an option) to get qualified, i think it's a safe assumption that is not the same as a full BArch.

Sep 7, 05 2:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: