Archinect
anchor

Design Like You Give A Damn / Build Boston meetup?

So I got my Build Boston schedule today, and was pleasantly surprised to see that Cameron is going to be heading up a seminar. So I figured this might be a good chance for anyone thats going to be going to meet up.

I know I'm going to be going, and if you're interested post it here and we can get something rolling.

Aug 29, 05 5:56 pm
Elimelech

when is it?

Aug 29, 05 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
j-turn

what's Design Like You Give A Damn / Build Boston

I design like a give a damn, i'm in boston!

Aug 29, 05 8:04 pm  · 
 · 

Well then, look here for more details.

Aug 29, 05 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
anti

ditto to j-turn...

Pixel, lets see them details...

Aug 29, 05 8:27 pm  · 
 · 

From the Build Boston website (linked to above):

Thursday, November 17
C26 Design like you give a damn
1:00-2:30 pm

Sponsored by Public Architecture and co-sponsored by ArchVoices and the BSA

In this, the second workshop in our In the Public Interest Symposium, we learn how Architecture for Humanity (AFH) mobilized its global network of volunteers wthin hours of the deadly Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunamis. Under the auspices of AFH, a new generation of socially-conscious designers is demonstrating the potential of applying architectural solutions to global, social, and humanitarian crises. AFH has made significant inroads into developing countries by consulting with government bodies and relief organizations on a number of projects, including mobile AIDS/HIV treatment centers in Africa, mine-clearance programs in the Balkans, and earthquake recovery assistance in Grenada, Iran, Turkey, and Sri Lanka. In the process, the organization has demonstrated the potential of collaboration and design in situations and places with few financial or material resources, little political power, and fleeting hope.

Cameron Sinclair, Architecture for Humanity, Bozeman MT

Its one of three lectures that are part of a day long symposium... just follow the link I posted above for info on all three.

Aug 29, 05 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
anti

Hey Pixel, Id be interested in joining up before/after the lecture. Its still a ways out and Im not too good at planning, want to try and revive this thread closer to Nov?

Sep 4, 05 8:21 pm  · 
 · 

anti: sounds good to me, I was just throwing it out there before hand to see if others were already planning on attending.

Sep 5, 05 1:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: