Archinect
anchor

Maison a Bordeaux (Rem Koolhaas)

ac.kee

Does anybody know where I could find information on this house
I have to do a paper on it. everywhere i go i meet up on deadends.
please i'm desperate
if you know where i could find drawing for this house i would appreciate it.
thanks alot.

Aug 29, 05 1:28 pm
j-turn

hunh? this house is published everywhere!! Its like the MOST PUBLISHED HOUSE og the last decade!

the unprivate house exhibit, the second OMA el croquis. A+U OMA@ WORK, and other A+U's, OMA Living ... magazines galore. Beatriz Colomina did an interview with the client's wife in Assemblage.

Aug 29, 05 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
ac.kee

I'm really looking for web sources
you know any off hand.

Aug 29, 05 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
thenewold

we'd all have to google it just like you.

Aug 29, 05 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
switters

web sources...the web has NO real information. get off your ass and get to the library. there is no way around. you could have been in and out of the library with a stack of goods already. geeeeezzzzeeee

Aug 29, 05 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
AP

google-dependencyism

Aug 29, 05 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
ac.kee

damn right i'm google dependent
it is the greatest invention knowm to man

Aug 29, 05 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
e

well, good luck then watababy. sounds like your greatest invention is letting you down given you inability to find any information on this project.

Aug 29, 05 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

yes take your ass to a library and dont pick our brains with you stupid questions

Aug 29, 05 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
j-turn

i can't believe that you can't find any drawings on line. are you sure you're using google correctly?

if you'd bothered going to the library, you could find a great article on the house by micheal speaks called "the singularity of OMA" in the Rem and Ben issue of A+U. One of Speaks better articles - if not his best.

Aug 29, 05 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
Elimelech

the threads in this forum keep on getting weirder from people basically advertising their magazines, to cool kid clubs, to people asking others to their homework for them....
That thing is published everywhere, beautiful structural system...

Aug 29, 05 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
ac.kee

j-turn no doubt there is alot of material at the library but guess what i'm in jamaica
the libraries suck here................ so google is my everything.
the only drawing i found is extremly obscured
but i'm still searching.

Aug 29, 05 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
thenewold

the el croquis is really your best bet. it has plans of all levels with okay detail.

Aug 29, 05 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
jonchitect

Why is it that somebody can't ask a question without being chasitized. It is unfair to assume that watababy posts out of laziness, (or anyone for that matter). If you find somebody's question moronic then you should either ignore it, or just answer it; but spare them the belittling comments. Does anyone here like being spoken down to? I'm amazed by what people are willing to say to other people when hiding behind their anonymity. With that said, feel free to have at me with comments about my spelling or punctuation.

Aug 29, 05 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

jdl, another way of looking at people 'chastisizing' guys like watababy is that it will actually help them in the long run...

yes now he tells us that the libraries in jamaica are not very helpful, but if you read the earlier comment, it actually belittles libraries as sources of information

Aug 29, 05 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
jonchitect

sameolddoctor,

You have a point; however, I carry a certain amount of sympathy for watababy's predicament for two reasons:

1) I know how hard at can be to find specific materials at even the L.A. library; as I've gone there for naught several times...just as I know my peers will go there this week only to find out I checked out their needed materials 3 weeks ago, (which reminds me...).

2) I know how it feels to be scolded and/or told to do things I already tried; which is the case of my 3ds max thread not to long ago. I would not have asked my questions had I not reviewed the tutorial and book

Aug 29, 05 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
jonchitect

this is just a continuation of my last comment because I ran out of space; but back to the point-I compare my situation to his because he knows better than we do what his local library's content (more or less) is. I know my school library has nothing more current than "survival by design".

At any rate, I'm rambling about this much more than the situation warrants. It just strikes a nerve because I know that myself, and many of my classmates have had to look hard for certain materials and I don't think anyone should be begrudged advice regardless of how deep they've already dug

Aug 29, 05 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
db

while I do sympathize with watababy, there is no excuse for not getting to a library or finding some tangible resource. If your prof assigned this building, then surely he/she can help track something down -- assuming you've exhausted all other avenues of research they'll be ecstatic to help as well as learn an important bit of information about the kinds of resources they can expect students to have access to. My initial reaction to students moaning about such things is to hit the roof in disgust, but if you've got an honest problem then let your prof know and get some help from them. Otherwise get to a library or request info through inter-library loan (surely there's someplace that can fax you a copy of the Speaks' article, etc)

Aug 30, 05 7:22 am  · 
 · 
db

and now I'm REALLY disappointed because there's this site that was the 2nd one that came up on Google that seems to have a lot of the info you're looking for: http://paginas.ufm.edu/arquitemas/geo.htm

Aug 30, 05 7:26 am  · 
 · 
db

(ok--so it's not the best site really, but it seems like a start)

Aug 30, 05 7:43 am  · 
 · 
and/or

watababy

Aug 30, 05 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
j-turn

if you order off amazon.com will you get it in time. I'd really recommend the 2nd OMA El Croquis. It has the house documented from before it got built, so its really comprehensive with drawings, models, collages ...etc.

Aug 30, 05 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
ac.kee

thanks alot guys i'll take it from here............ don't wanna cause anymore disturbance.
jdl535 thanks for the images......................:)

Aug 30, 05 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
jonchitect

watababy if you dont send me your email adress I can't send you the drawings

Aug 30, 05 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
ac.kee

jdl535 my email is [email protected]
and thanks again

Aug 31, 05 11:40 am  · 
 · 
zi

could you send me the drawings too....please....please
email address [email protected]

Sep 2, 05 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
ac.kee

i'll email it to you on monday when i get in to work.

Sep 3, 05 2:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: