Archinect
anchor

stupid quick question

IADR

hey guys. Is there a "dashed line tool" available on photoshop, all I seem to be able to do is solid lines. If its not on photoshop, is it possible to download to photoshop

sorry and cheers.

Aug 24, 05 3:54 pm
AP

I don't think there is a dashed-line tool, but depending on the application, you could just use text and transform it according to the size you need...

Aug 24, 05 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
raj

no.
you have to you illustrator for something like that.

Aug 24, 05 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

not with paths or the line tool.

cheat i thought of: text tool w/ dashes.

Aug 24, 05 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
zero_point

Or you can make a 8 X 2 pixel document, get a square brush, hit d for default colors, paint in one side of the document (4 X 2 pixels), select all, then go to Edit->Define brush. Name it "dashed" and then when you have a marquee or path you want dashed, right click and stroke with your dashed brush. You'll want to have your brush already picked before you do the right click > stroke (with brush) thing -- otherwise, it'll stroke with whatever brush you were last using.

Hope that helps.

Aug 24, 05 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
paperboy

well sort of. you can set the brush spacing so that it is a series of dots which looks very close to dashed lines. Select the brush and in the brushes folder click on the Brush Tip Shapes and that will allow you to control the dot spacing and size and shape.

Aug 24, 05 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
zero_point

Yeah, now that I just tried what I posted up there -- it's not as snazzy a solution as it sounds like it should be. Illustrator is much easier.

Aug 24, 05 10:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: