Archinect
anchor

Google Talk

architecturegeek
http://talk.google.com

Anyone tried this?
Thoughts on google's emminent takeover of everything online?

Aug 23, 05 11:59 pm

including the files on your computer... i am marxist at gmail and i downloaded talk.

you have any pointers to give me?

Aug 24, 05 3:03 am  · 
 · 
bRink

i was just talking to my brother about this...

http://www.globalpromoter.com/seo-tools/search-engine-optimization-articles-detail.cfm/SearchEngineOptimizationArticle_13

http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/050814-150152

google responses to incredible stock gains:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/08/14/BUG5NE7E871.DTL

Apparently, google has made an insane amount of money on their IPO... In a year, they've gone from $85 IPO to about $300, billions of dollars which is driving things like google earth, gmail, and now the google messenger. Not sure about the accuracy of this info, but my brother said that there are rumours that they even have in the works an operating system that could rival microsoft... Anyway google has been proving to be pretty forward and relatively innovative in how they put up new features... They're definitely driving hard to bring lots of cool stuff to the public, putting pressure on the competition...

Aug 24, 05 5:09 am  · 
 · 
.dwg

who are the creative geniuses at Google?

Aug 24, 05 8:39 am  · 
 · 
JG

Perhaps those creative genius's can work on writing code for Mac's. I can't use any of there downloadable products.

Aug 24, 05 9:00 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

googleCAD, please.

Aug 24, 05 10:06 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

googleCAD...now that would be niiice!

although i'm not sure who the genius behind google is, i did recently read that the despite being typically seen as rivals, google and yahoo are actually very different companies. while yahoo has focused on content and sees itself as a media company, google views itself as primarily a technology company. clearly, google seems to be doing better.

Aug 24, 05 10:20 am  · 
 · 
pinstripeprincess

google really is more of a technology company. they do recognize though that the majority of their revenu is generated from site hits/advertising and so they really seem to be marketing driven. but they tend to use their profit to create all these little engines for general public use and try to make our lives easier. i think they're actually quite commendable.

it's funny, a while back people were saying how google wasn't reaching it's targets... but i think it's targets were about 4x what they currently were at. it's still quite amazing how much they've grown.

Aug 24, 05 10:23 am  · 
 · 
JG

The genius behind google.

Aug 24, 05 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

once again, mac and linux users basically left out in the cold.

Aug 24, 05 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
mikechi

from what i heard, google employees in research and design have a mandatory 12-15 hours per week dedicated to pursuing personal projects.

gmail, google earth and google search were all conceived from these personal projects.

Aug 24, 05 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
mintcar

not to be biased towards the young, but i think there's something in how google's founders are so young (in their 30s), and so much of their workforce is very young. some of these people come on right after their graduate college, work a few years, go back to grad school.

google makes such an effort to make sure their employees are happy. yeah they do give each employee one day a week to do their own work-related projects (something other tech companies have adopted). and you know how extravagent the google parties are.

Aug 24, 05 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor
google operating system

more speculations

i'd personally love for google to come up with an OS, at least the interface would be squeak-clean

Aug 24, 05 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

worry not mac and linux users...they will come up with a mac and linux version soon...like they did for google maps

Aug 24, 05 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
Kentique

hmm.. u know that gmail is beta right now, but does anyone know the future of it? is it going to start to get charged once its not beta? what would having a google account mean??? enlighten me, those who know about google and gmail

Aug 24, 05 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

Frogpiss - GMail went live ...sorta.....along with talk. Everything at Google is beta, in that they're always changing things. I've noticed a few features have been added to my gmail account since I signed up about a year ago. As for the charge .... FAQ
I think they make enough off of targeted ads that appear on the sidebar of your inbox to keep it free.

I wonder if they'll add some more skype-like features to it...right now it's little more that a new im client without any users.

Aug 25, 05 12:26 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: