Archinect
anchor

Photoshop?

JordantHarris

How much, if any do some of your firms use photoshop, and for what purpose? I'm looking for a co-op job, and I have pretty proficient photoshop skills. I'm not sure how much I should play that up, if at all. What do you think?

Aug 22, 05 11:46 am
peace77

photoshop.......the duct tape of presentation

Aug 22, 05 11:49 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

As near as I can tell, it's a bonus, but won't get you in anywhere.
It's a presentation tool. Depending on the size of the firm, they may have a separate dept to deal with that type of thing, or often someone that's been there a little longer will get that work (it is 'fun' after all).
At a smaller office, esp one where the architect/s might be a little older, you could get lucky and have some boards thrown in your lap (likely at the last minute).
I'm pretty swish with it as well and have used it once for work purposes at my current job and never at my previous one.
Don't expect to get alot of computer modeling either.

Aug 22, 05 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
JordantHarris

Yeah, I was expecting to get mostly autocad work, that and taking the trash out. Are there any things in your experience that firm's would be looking for, or might be a bonus?

Aug 22, 05 12:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: