Archinect
anchor

quick help - dynamics??

newgirl

I'm interviewing some practicing architects for a research project - they asked me if I'm looking for any particular dynamics. this may be a dumb question - but what do they mean by that? just different types of practices, different types of buildings - what?

Oct 11, 11 11:52 am
Token AE

I would take that as asking if you had any particular parts of their work that you were more interested in than others.

e.g.:

Artistic Inspiration
Team management
Client strategies
Technical integration/ coordination

Does your assignment have a context? Is it just an interview for the sake of talking to someone, or are you supposed to find specific information?

My program has a growing emphasis on ____. How do you see ____ impacting the industry in the next several years?

Oct 11, 11 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
newgirl

It's for an english class, not an architecture class. so we're talking about literacy, real-world uses for reading and writing, communication, etc. - "workplace literacies".

Oct 11, 11 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Office dynamic in architecture refers to mental illness coefficient. Some offices tend to lean heavily towards highly functional autism while others are full of schizophrenics. It's possible to have a mix of the two, but nothing ever gets done in those offices.

Oct 11, 11 12:53 pm  · 
 · 

REAL architects don't talk gibberish. Find someone else to interview.

Oct 11, 11 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
calculator

amen miles.  sadly many practicing architects do.

Oct 11, 11 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
newgirl

Ha, thanks guys. Rusty - do you honestly think that's what she meant or are you just messing with me? I know architects are crazy but....

Anyway, one more question (because I have more of these ridiculous interviews) what should I wear? It's not a job interview, it's for a college assignment - but should I dress like a job interview? obviously I don't want to look like a sloppy college kid.

Oct 13, 11 9:06 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

you need to wear all black, with thick black glasses.  this might help:

http://mat.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMAT1-10109590v380.jpg

also, this may help:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ho8vY4YXANI/R9VjouwW-AI/AAAAAAAAAIo/29ImVSfoXqw/s1600/DIYAD.jpg

Oct 13, 11 9:19 am  · 
 · 
newgirl

hahahaha if i still had my glasses i would wear them...

Oct 13, 11 9:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: