Archinect
anchor

Corian

Hasselhoff

Does anyone know where I can find pricing for Corian? Not counter tops, but for other applications, such as for use as a bulky display pedistal. Thanks!

Aug 18, 05 8:27 pm
Aluminate

Call your local Corian rep. Find rep's number at www.corian.com Send the rep a sketch and they'll give you a ballpark price.

Aug 18, 05 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i believe they only sell material to fabricators.

Aug 18, 05 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

I spent the spring working for a place that does Corian fabrication--are you sure that's what you need? You might check into other materials because Corian is super-high priced because of the way it's manufactured (ie., treated to resist bacteria associated w/food prep, etc.). Also, it doesn't respond well to fluctuations in temperature, and can sometimes be pretty fragile (if you're setting very heavy things on it). Also, it can stain. We did some pedestal-like pieces for a Finish Line corporate building, and man, was that ever a waste of money. Finish Line forked over a ton of money for a product that wasn't really designed to be used that way.

Aug 19, 05 1:39 am  · 
 · 
impalajunkie

what about resin? i've seen some reall nice sinks and furniture made from it, (www.attainc.com), i'd be interested in where to get that at hopefully wholesale prices.

Aug 19, 05 9:44 am  · 
 · 
citizen4nr

i wouldnt use corian for that kind of application. it is pretty brittle and can crack pretty easily on top of being expensive. youre better off looking for another material.

Aug 19, 05 11:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: