Archinect
anchor

Maxwell Render

effeckt

Has anyone used the Maxwell Render plugin w/ Rhino? Is it good? any comments, please.

Aug 17, 05 5:43 pm
ovalle

is there somewhere you can download a demo?

Aug 17, 05 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

I have it for every app available - it sucks - it really is terrible - 46+ hours for an interior rendering when I can crank out a final gather in 45 minutes...

The physical sky is buggy and it's really hard to get an image with no noise - there is a problem with reflectivity and opacity of ray-traced glasses and overall the interface is miserable.

Wait for Final Render Stage 2 to come out for Cin4d / Rhino / Max / Maya... it'll be worth it.

Aug 17, 05 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

THEY GIVE YOU AN APP TO "REMOVE NOISE" - It's like "here, our rendering engine sucks and you'll end up with grainy noise, so use this photo-editing software to clean up the images in the post-process" -

Aug 17, 05 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
Josh Emig

I just saw some Final Render stuff the other day. It looked awesome. How do you think it stacks up to Brazil? I've been anxiously awaiting Brazil for Rhino, myself.

Aug 17, 05 11:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: