Archinect
anchor

do I need to re-take it?

arch to be?

I recently took the GRE and am not sure if my test scores are good enough to get into an M.Arch program. What do you think? Do I need to re-take the test?
Verbal=450
Quant.=700
Analytical Writing=5.0

Aug 15, 05 11:51 am
tinydancer

won't get you into ivy

Aug 15, 05 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
arch to be?

what about u of michigan ann arbor?

Aug 15, 05 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
AP

I know peeps who got into Ivy with less than that, but with rockin' portfolios and letter of intent...

Aug 15, 05 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
arch to be?

I have a very strong portfolio, but I'm also a little worried about my referals as I didn't have a close relationship with any of my undergrad profesors.

Aug 15, 05 12:59 pm  · 
 · 

if there's anything else in your application that isn't great, retake those GRE's. One weak link can be forgiven- multiple weak parts get tossed in the bin.

Aug 15, 05 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
Kai

both scores are reported to the school I believe though

Aug 15, 05 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
Kai

I can't remember what my scores were but they were around 70th percentile and I got into a couple of ivys

Aug 15, 05 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
Kai

with a GPA of 3.0

Aug 15, 05 1:42 pm  · 
 · 

i got a 660-Q 560-V 4.5-A
GPA-3.9
What do you guys think, I have a pretty good portfolio, and should have good letter of rec.

Ivy material?

Aug 15, 05 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
anatomical gift

We all know the only numbers that matter are bodyfat percentage, bench press max and squat max.

Aug 15, 05 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
arch to be?

for arch. are they more interested in your quant than verbal score?

Aug 16, 05 11:07 am  · 
 · 

Maybe for undergrad/SATs, but to get a graduate degree you should be required to do a certain amount of research, as well as a thesis, so they should be quite interested in verbal and writing scores as well. I think they give you a bit of a break on it if you are an international student or for some other reason english is not your first language, though. Anyways, don't be too depressed that your verbal is lower than your quant, as I seem to remember the average scores for verbal being around 100 points lower than the average scores for quantitative.

I'd still re-take it though, since you said your recommendations may not be outstanding either.

Aug 16, 05 11:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: