Archinect
anchor

American Football Abroad?

interstitial

Anybody out there have any idea where to watch football outside the u.s. I am currently in Vienna.

Thanks if anybody is able to help.

Aug 13, 05 2:28 pm
Janosh

Hmm. When I was in London, Sky Sports carried one west coast NFL game per week with English announcers (hilarious). Otherwise, every US military facility has satellite tv as good as anything in the states if you can weasel your way in. I never found any football in the Czech republic. Good luck!

Aug 13, 05 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

Are you interested in playing football in Vienna? I know a friend who plays football every week with friends and security guards from the American Embassy. They use full gear, and I assume most of the guys are built and strong as my friend.

Aug 13, 05 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

try looking around irish pubs, that's where i caught my football while overseas.

Aug 13, 05 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
_other_

i've been living in europe for a few years now and the only way i've found to get NFL games is through The North American Sports Network link
Only a couple bars in london have it (and they both may be the Worst bars in history,,) As an added bonus, one of the commentators looks just like brian boitano

Aug 14, 05 6:01 am  · 
 · 
aemkei

Many of the smaller pubs I frequent, that don't have a fixed game schedule to follow, often show whatever stuff you like if you call ahead and ask them too. A few times I've even been the only one watching my game, and in those situations I've always made sure to drink enough beer to cover the cost of the PPV and everybody's happy.

Not sure if that's possible in Austria though...

Aug 15, 05 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

I've got the answer - sorry, no

According to NASN

AUSTRIA
NASN is not currently available in Austria. However, we are hoping that NASN will be available in Austria in the near future.

Aug 15, 05 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
CrimsonARC

You could get a slingbox and watch everything that comes on American TV. You would need to know someone on this side of the pond that would be willing to hook it up to their system - but for a serious sports fan it would be well worth it.

Aug 15, 05 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
jkf
american football
Aug 15, 05 6:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: