arch to be?

seen it?

Aug 13, 05 1:39 am
sharpie.

huh?

Aug 13, 05 1:47 am  · 
 · 
Adamus

Quantum physics is a very interesting topic itself...unfortunately "What the Bleep" is a poor presentation of the subject. I can't get over the cheesy graphics and horrible acting..plus the new age feel of the whole movie degrades science into some sort of pseudo-spiritual experience

Aug 13, 05 1:50 am  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

Adamus - damn straight. Apparently it was underwritten by JZ Knight/Ramtha's Cult/Organization. Quantum Phyics is much cooler and much more serious of a subject that this movie dumbed it down to.

Aug 13, 05 1:56 am  · 
 · 
dlj

i've seen it. i had a respectable professor raving about it so i went into the film with very high expectations. i saw this alone at a very strange small theatre in nyc. like adamus, i was just absolutely dumbfounded by the acting and amateur presentation and some very whacky ideas. minus all of that, there were some interesting ideas embedded in the film, like how to control your day.

interestingly enough, decided i would "control my day" after seeing the film so one morning i asked for some sort of sign that this was working. i was waiting on the platform for the F train to take me to work when this krishna walks up to me and puts this book in my hands. he says he wants me to buy it. i really wasn't interested so i told him i had no money, but he said keep it anyway - i want you to have it. the small book, which i'm looking at right now, is titled 'sri isopanisad' and when i read the back, i was shocked that it was talking about some of the same things as WTBDWK. "the root of existence lies not a person but merely abstract laws governing the chance of collision of subatomic particles in the vast void of time and space". i was pretty surprised but i guess this isn't unusual for new york city.

Aug 13, 05 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
ericMontross

i agree that it was a little cheesy, and as someone who reads a lot of science/physics, i didn't really gain much from the movie. on the otherhand, i have friends who are generally uninterested in science and found it to be really interesting. i don't think the movie was really targeting science people, so overall i was really happy to see a science movie that managed to get so much attention from a more general audience.

Aug 13, 05 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
edmund.l.liang

while i was watching that weirdo movie i couldn't get passed the fact that they used that deaf woman that was in an episode in seinfeld. i didn't care about the wizard stuff or new age garbage, but instead all i thought to myself during the entire sitting was. . . .

SSEEEIINFELD. . . . FOUR!

Aug 13, 05 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
edmund.l.liang

CARTWRIGHT!!

Aug 13, 05 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

david - i live in iowa and that exact same thing happened to me.
my husband read the book, i didn't, but he thought it was good.

Aug 14, 05 11:16 am  · 
 · 
citizen

The presentation may have been a little cheesy, but I give credit for even attempting to introduce any kind of scientific or philosophic thinking into the mainstream. Don't forget, this is a culture that worships beautiful idiots and criminal reprobates.

Style aside, the content was fascinating to me. The notion that we might exercise our free will at a range of scales from the subatomic to the global is pretty amazing, and potentially life-changing. Thumb's up.

Aug 14, 05 11:38 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I have to admit, I didn't know what the bleep you guys were talking about until I went over my Mom's and she had a copy of the movie. (How the bleep did she know about it before me? Anyway....) With time to spare I snagged it and popped it in. How fantastic! I applaud the film makers for tacking such an ephemeral topic. I also give props to the editors for what must have been the enormous task of selecting bits from the interviewees that would translate to the screen.

Although I will say that the first half of the movie was better than the second. It visibly transformed from educational experience to cheese during the "Robert Palmer as a Red Blood Cell" performance. It's good for people who wouldn't think about these things ever on their own though.

More questions to ask yourself:
-Why the bleep does Marlee Matlin wear lipstick to bed?
-How the bleep did that little kid do such a stellar acting job while standing next to a worm hole?
And
-Where the bleep is that basketball court? I need some excitement in my life.

And finally, a tip: don't think about quantum physics while driving. You'll hurt somebody.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go meditate....

Aug 14, 05 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

PS. Come on. I would hang out with Ramtha, wouldn't you? ;-)

Aug 14, 05 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
edmund.l.liang

does anyone here believe in dr. emoto's work/research? i've glanced thru the book, geeze. this stuff is so far fetched. i'm really cynical about this "stuff" because i think it's just a hoax to make money.

go to wiki-pedia and look him up.

for those who don't know - dr. emoto was mentioned in the part in the subway station in regards to how emotions effect the shape of water cyrstals in what the fuck do we know.

Aug 14, 05 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
crillywazzy

that basketball court is in the north park blocks of portland oregon.

Aug 15, 05 4:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: