Archinect
anchor

Happy?

arch to be?

are any of you truly happy with your jobs?

Aug 13, 05 1:25 am
joed

i'm truly happy with my new girlfriend. yeah!

Aug 13, 05 1:30 am  · 
 · 
johndevlin

I'm happy on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. Which is 4/7ths of my life. If I live to be 70 I shall have been happy 40 years, which is not too bad...

Aug 13, 05 8:53 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

I've got a hot babe (my wife) to my right & a steamin' cup-O-joe to my left. Sun's comin' up, I got cakes on tha griddle, life ain't nothin' but a funny, funny riddle...Oh chit, I'm an Architect! Another good dream interrupted.

Aug 13, 05 9:11 am  · 
 · 
heterarch

mmmm. pancakes. now that's happiness.

Aug 13, 05 11:48 am  · 
 · 

"You can't be like pancakes, all exciting at first but at the end you're fucking sick of them."

Aug 13, 05 11:55 am  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

i realized i was happy the other day when i was feeding the baby a bottle with one hand and had my beer bottle in the other.

Aug 13, 05 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
johndevlin

make sure you don't get mixed up and feed the formula to yourself and the beer to the baby

Aug 13, 05 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
e

there is an aspect about every job that will suck, but i am happy with mine.

Aug 13, 05 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

i wasn't happy when i woke up this morning

stupid wine

Aug 13, 05 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

When I woke up this morning, yes. Of course it's saturday, i'm visiting family, and, well... I'm not at work.

Those five days that aren't the weekend, is really another story.

Aug 13, 05 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
Josh Emig

I'm at work on Saturday, and it's good. Basically, I don't have any money to spend and it's hot as hell outside. It's air conditioned here. I might as well be at work. I can get things done. It's Saturday, so if I happen to spend an hour online, no big deal. My computer at work is much faster and better than my laptop, so I can actually work on some of my own stuff to fill in the gaps when I'm sick of drawing details.

But it does help that, yes, I'm happy with my job in general, and I don't mind being here.

Aug 13, 05 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
Josh Emig

But, I might add that my presence on Saturday is not compulsory, and I can leave when I want. I know that my situation is different than some other people I know.

Aug 13, 05 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
yenafar

are any of you truly happy with your jobs?
NO. often? (60%) Yeah cool(30%) job is job,whatever(20%)...
i know ... thats more 100. let it be !

Aug 13, 05 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Happy? What is this "happy" of which you speak?

Aug 13, 05 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
johndevlin

"happy" is what steals over you when you least expect it: when you're not particularly thinking about yourself or happiness either. Often after great pain. You can't pursue happiness: it pursues you.

Aug 13, 05 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
inkwray

no

Aug 13, 05 8:42 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Well, it certainly wasn't happiness that was pursuing me this afternoon. Better luck tomorrow, I guess.

Aug 13, 05 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
yenafar

yeah . maybe tomorrow. maybe someother day.maybe then. after death.

Aug 14, 05 3:30 am  · 
 · 
arch to be?

yenafar, why so blue

Aug 14, 05 3:39 am  · 
 · 
yenafar

well, working for 1$/hr after 7 years in school , not fitting the last job, jobless for last 6 month,... what do u expect... everywhere is not like there... here somewhere in a poor country ... oops ... forget it

Aug 14, 05 6:19 am  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

My satellite don't work, I can't watch my favorite Brazilian soap opera...not happy, right now.

Aug 15, 05 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hey mystery i loved xica. did ja ever watch xica??? so hot.

Aug 15, 05 9:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: