Archinect
anchor

Why Do You Interview?

MysteryMan

Come on, I know that some of you a re like me - You get bored, things get slow, your car breaks down in front of Frank Gehry's office. So, to pass the time, you go on an interview just to see what will happen. Or, you do it just to see if you can actually get that job dressed up as a pirate.

What are some of your experiences?

Aug 12, 05 8:54 am
liberty bell

I interviewed with a design build firm out of curiosity - they were looking for someone registered so they wold have an architect on staff. They offered me $60K, good benefits, and title "Director of Design" (me and one tech school grad, but still...).

When I told my firm I was considereing another offer they upped my salary signiicantly (though still not to $60) and gave me a plum job that had just showed up. So I stayed. But if I hadn't interviewed and known I was worth more, I never would have had the balls to ask for more from my then-place of employ.

It can be educational to go out every few years and find out what the market thinks of your skills and experience. On the other hand, putting together a resume and portfolio and sneaking around behind your employer's back is a huge pain in the butt.

Aug 12, 05 10:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: