Archinect
anchor

Montreal Architects

jenn

Montreal architects/ students i need your help. I am a masters student at Tulane doing initial research for my thesis. My topic will center on adaptive reuse of Silo no. 5 and waterfront redevelopment.

what I am looking for is any insight on this area and general information I'm not going to read in a book. Also I am heading up to Montreal this weekend, so if anyone can give me any leads on good places to do some research, or would even be willing to meet with me to discuss the area it would be greatly appreciated. Also I need to know how accessible that area is. How I might be able to get a tour?

Thanks for your help, Jenn

Aug 11, 05 12:30 pm

i'm certainly no insider, but ever since hearing about this place on npr and looking it up, i've been sort of fascinated by it.

certain that you know the silophone project...

and i hope you know about this:call for proposals

also:
grain elevator #5

Aug 11, 05 12:40 pm  · 
 · 
dyske

Hi,

the silos are easily accessible, you can just walk up to them. a good place to do research would be at the CCA library, but you have to book time in advance. There have been numerous projects done already student or other as well as a few competions so there must a lot of stuff on the web

these are the people responsible for developping and promoting this area
link

the local newspaper often have articles about it too as it has been menaced of beeing torned down so you might find info in their archives

La Presse
Le Devoir
The Gazette

good luck

Aug 12, 05 12:03 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: